News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

iPod Shuffle question (adding songs)

Started by TruckDriver, April 18, 2009, 05:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Okay, my son got this thing for Christmas, and he first now has a decent collection of songs to put on it (50-60). Anyway, we never got any directions with it as to how to download music on this thing. I went to the iPod website, but everything I find says you have to use iTunes to load songs to it. I do not want to join a pay site just to transfer song from my computer to the iPod. IS there a way I can just trasfer songs by draging them into the iPod files?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

WingCharger

iTunes is a free software. :yesnod:
At least it was when we got it... :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: WingCharger on April 18, 2009, 05:10:00 PM
iTunes is a free software. :yesnod:
At least it was when we got it... :scratchchin:

Yes the software is free & must be used even if your adding songs from CD's or your HD.

I think there are some hack programs to get around this but not positive....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

Okay, thanks. I'll download it tomarrow and try it out.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Forza

Yep it's free and easy to use. It also makes ripping songs off of cd's pretty damn easy.

W4ATL

Download iTunes for free and use it with the Shuffle.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

This is the easiest software to use for converting your songs to play on a music player like the Shuffle. After you install iTunes put your CDs in the computer and iTunes will guide you through 'ripping' your songs onto your computer. Then you can plug your Shuffle into the computer. iTunes will recognize the Shuffle and you can drag songs from the ones you just ripped into the Shuffle and they will automatically be synched.

Good Luck.

TruckDriver

Thanks for that link. Every one I was finding were one you had to pay to use iTunes.

I now have all the songs loaded to iTunes, but where do you go to download the song back to the iPod. All I can find is one to burn the songs to a cd.
PETE

Foreman72

when you plug the ipod into the computer you should see it come up under the devices tab...once you see that click on it and you will see a button that says sync...clicking this will sync the entire library to the ipod...wala...muzac  :2thumbs:

think 50-60 is a good collection of songs...i'm rollin on 1800+  :lol:

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Cooperman

Quote from: Foreman72 on April 19, 2009, 03:05:17 PM

:nana:  Close to 11500 tracks on mine, everything from Motzart to Motley Crue... No duplicates but plenty of howlers that frequently get skipped!
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Foreman72

Quote from: Cooperman on April 19, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: Foreman72 on April 19, 2009, 03:05:17 PM

:nana:  Close to 11500 tracks on mine, everything from Motzart to Motley Crue... No duplicates but plenty of howlers that frequently get skipped!

got me beat bro...120G classic i'd assume
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

TruckDriver

I got it........... finally! Thanks for everyones help.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
PETE

skip68

I'm gonna have to remember this thread in a month or so. Our son has been offered a Ipod from him his grandparents if he passes Math class....  :slap: I've never had one or used one so this is helpful. (And if he doesn't pass math, I'll just tell the Grandparents that he DID, and keep the thing for myself!!!!  :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Nah, I'm just kiddin!!!  :nono: :nono: :whistling: :whistling:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

The spelling of the word "him" was corrected by me, skip68.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Forza

I never really got into the whole ipod craze that everyone else did until my girlfriend bought me one for my birthday. Now I love these damn things. I really like the podcasts, I look forward to those subscriptions almost as much as I look forward to payday.

TruckDriver

I'm not into any thing involving the iPods or Twitter or anything about texting. A total waste of money & time in my opinion. But it was a gift to my son, so what to heck.
PETE

4cruzin

I absolutely love my Ipod but I really only use it for music.  I have it hooked up in the car so I can use it everywhere I drive.  I cancelled my sirius ratio last month and I'm not sure I will ever activate it again.   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .