News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Convincing Parents

Started by Skinypete, April 16, 2009, 12:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinypete

I made a typo its 18' not 27' my bad.
DJMIII

skip68

Is the jeep a jeep jeep (2 door, rollbar) or a Cherokee ? 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Skinypete

Just a plane 4 door, 5 speed, 4.0 Cherokee.
DJMIII

skip68

That should tow the boat no problem.  I know, I'm not helping any sorry.   :slap: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Skinypete

Okay it will tow the boat if i want to climb hills in second gear.  It is just that the Truck will be a little more capable, and it has more room for gear.
DJMIII

skip68

:2thumbs:  OK, I understand that.  That makes sense.  ;)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Skinypete on April 16, 2009, 11:16:32 PM
Okay it will tow the boat if i want to climb hills in second gear.  It is just that the Truck will be a little more capable, and it has more room for gear.

Sounds like a difference of what you need vs. what you want...  I'm 34 years old and when i was younger i'd buy the truck because its what i "want"  but now that i'm older i'd realize that the Jeep will be adequate, and its all that i "need" and i'd keep my car corral down to two cars and save on purchase price, insurance, gas....   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FLG

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 17, 2009, 11:50:42 PM
Quote from: Skinypete on April 16, 2009, 11:16:32 PM

Sounds like a difference of what you need vs. what you want...  I'm 34 years old and when i was younger i'd buy the truck because its what i "want"  but now that i'm older i'd realize that the Jeep will be adequate, and its all that i "need" and i'd keep my car corral down to two cars and save on purchase price, insurance, gas....   :Twocents:

Pocket im 20 and i do that ALL the time. Weather it be car parts or grocery shopping, i always say "Do i need it or want it" if it falls in the catagory of "need" then its a no brainer, if it falls in the category of "Want" then i weigh the price and go from there.