News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console bracket

Started by 68r/t, April 18, 2009, 04:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68r/t

Hello, I am putting a console and floor change in the Charger which originally had a column change,  I  do not have the factory console brackets apart from the shifter bracket itself.
What I would like to know is if someone can measure the height of the rear bracket off the top of the tunnel please.
Also does the front bracket  hold the console down with 1 screw on the driver side only?
Thanks

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 68r/t on April 18, 2009, 04:39:13 AM
Hello, I am putting a console and floor change in the Charger which originally had a column change,  I  do not have the factory console brackets apart from the shifter bracket itself.
What I would like to know is if someone can measure the height of the rear bracket off the top of the tunnel please.
Also does the front bracket  hold the console down with 1 screw on the driver side only?
Thanks
I can answer the second question.  Yes on my console there was a slotted hole on the front bracket just on the driver side.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68r/t

Thanks for that,  can anyone please tell me the height of the rear bracket off the tunnell?

1969chargerrtse

I firmly believe what comes around goes around.  Anytime I do something nice, something nice happens right back.  I felt bad for you that no one responded to the rear bracket height.  So I went out in the rain to my garage, unscrewed the console covers and base and front screw and lifted it up and measured it for you.  Just after that I noticed the air chamber I store the car in smelled of gas.  I had a tank leak!!!

The bracket is 1" from the hump to the underside of the top of the bracket .  So the top of the bracket is about 1 1/16th ish off the center of the hump.  I'm pretty sure I measured from the center point.

Hope you appreciate it as It was a pain the $%###@#$ to put back together.   :P
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68r/t

Now that is service, thankyou very much and it is really appreciated,I hope the tank leak is not anything major.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 68r/t on April 20, 2009, 06:04:28 PM
Now that is service, thankyou very much and it is really appreciated,I hope the tank leak is not anything major.

Oh yea, but I'm getting used to it.  I restored the front, the middle, and now I need to do the rear (trunk,jack,tank,etc..)  I always heard a rattle when I went down my road.  I thought it was the exhaust but the exhaust is new and rock solid tight ( because I installed it ).  So I noticed the tank was loose , hence the rattle, so I tightened the clamps, and now we have a leak. Oh yea baby, that's my baby.  I was going to replace it and restore the trunk for my Fall/winter project.  I still am but It leaks mid way near the tank 1/2 seam so I'll just keep the fuel low.  Like I said, I'm used to it.  I'm just slowly and painfully redoing the whole car.  It's a keeper though, like I have a choice.  :hah: