News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Missing VIN

Started by Landonsrt, May 28, 2009, 12:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

Well, im askng around to try and find out if there is any way to find out build codes knowing just the VIN. I imagine not but its worth asking. Over the period of 25+ years my car sat in a field, someone stole the plate off of it from under the hood. Where else besides the dash are other #'s stamped? Besides the dash which is the only one as far as I can tell. I already know the engine option and "special" are part of it from looking at 1969chargerregistry.com.

Ghoste

Unless you find a broadcast sheet in the car someplace, you are out of luck.  Look under the seats and behind the glovebox, you may score the sheet.

WingCharger

Part of the vin is stamped on the trunk rail, and on the core support. But that is only the last few numbers. :-\

Landonsrt

well crap. No seats in the car, floorboard is gone. Nothing behind the glove box door so thats no place for it either. I guess its long gone!

Ghoste

Occasionally they have been found behind the headliner.  Look at this way, it's for sure a Charger and now the palette is fully open for you to do whatever you want to the car without fear of the purists criticizing you because it doesn't match the fender tag.
Just don't make a fake fender tag to reflect it.  :icon_smile_wink:

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on May 28, 2009, 02:39:35 PM
Occasionally they have been found behind the headliner.  Look at this way, it's for sure a Charger and now the palette is fully open for you to do whatever you want to the car without fear of the purists criticizing you because it doesn't match the fender tag.
Just don't make a fake fender tag to reflect it.  :icon_smile_wink:

QuoteJust don't make a fake fender tag to reflect it.

Why not?

mauve66

cause it wont be a real authentic tag/car and down the road someone will try to sell it for that specail tag you had made
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Landonsrt

Well I hadnt planned on putting the car back to stock anyway. Except it will have a 440 again. It makes me wonder where that tag is and if it made its way to another Charger.........

Just 6T9 CHGR

I do have a few tags and Barry has tons of stuff as well over at the Hamtramck Registry as well....
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/index.shtml
Chris' '69 Charger R/T