News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Riding Lawnmowers

Started by Bobs69, April 15, 2009, 08:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Funny I look for things online but I always end up coming here to ask everything that matters!

Husqvarna LT18542  960130004  It's a riding mower...............what do you think?????????   Anyone have this make and model?  Or a Husqvarna at all?

Let me know!  I may or may not be able to get a great deal!  Depending on what the jury says..........

69bronzeT5

I'd highly suggest Husqvarna. We have 2 acres here. We've had a Craftsman, a Jacobson and a Yardworks and we had problems with every single one of them. My mom's boyfriend has been looking at a bunch of different brands but he says when we move this summer, he's gonna buy a brand new Husqvarna ride-on. From what I've heard, they are the best along with John Deere.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

teamroth

The Toro zero turns are real good, it was my dad uses for his lawn business. Also look at Skag or Skaggs whichever. It's a staple in the landscaping industry.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

bigcountry

Dixie Chopper zero turn, fast and mean, one of the best on the market IMO  :Twocents:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

PocketThunder

Since i'm a History Buff... .did you know...

Husqvarna was a military arsenal founded in 1689 to produce muskets for the Swedish Army. The company have since grown and split and the brand is used by several companies. Husqvarna may refer to:

Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag, the original company manufacturing small arms.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a motocross and enduro motorcycle manufacturer.
Husqvarna AB, a company that produces lawn equipment and chainsaws.
Husqvarna Sewing Machines.
Husqvarna is a brand name for home appliances manufactured by the Electrolux Group.
Husqvarna is the old spelling of the town now known as Huskvarna, the original location of the company.

thats all i got.  ... sorry...  (credit widipedia dot org for the content.)

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Forget Husky. I'd either go with this:

Or this:

sunfire69

The Husqvarna and Craftsman come off the same line as a matter-o-fact a lot of the part interchange and even have the same part numbers....and say what you want about Craftsman but mine is going on 10 years old and I've never had any major problems with it I keep the oil and filters changed, replace or sharpen the blades twice a year...
Jerry

Arkgl01

I make the decals for bad boy lawn mowers and they make a really good mower! I wanted to buy a reconditioned one but they only get a few back a year.
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

WingCharger

dodgecharger-fan

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/

My brother in law used to maintain a bunch of commercial Ferris mowers - similar to the ProCut S - and he'd have to heck 'em out before taking them back to the landscaper that owned them. So, he'd cut his own acre and a half lawn with them. :D

I'd cut his lawn when we would visit because they were fun to drive. He sat on the porch with a "Tom Sawyer" grin on his face.

MichaelRW

There's the Hoover model too.  :D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

LaOtto70Charger

Check out MTDproducts.com.  MTD now makes the Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Yard-Man, White, Yard Machines, and Bolens.  They were making the Huskees for TSC previously.  AYP was making the small John Deere, Sears/Huskavarna, and new Ariens.  Go to a Home Depot and look at them closely.  The design layout of how the motors are placed, fuel tanks are contained, etc... show they share some very common parts.

charger490

i am selling mine because i moved to a smaller place.i mowed 5 A about once a week  and took about 3 hours and i never had a problem with it

Bobs69

That tractor would be ideal!  Too big for my 1 acre.  I'm told you really get what you pay for with the lawn tractors, for instance lots of them have plastic bushing?  The good once have bearing like a car?  The good ones you pay for are built like they were in the 60's I'm told.

So that's what I'm trying to figure out now.  Something that's built to be worked on and is not disposable.  All steel would be nice.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: teamroth on April 15, 2009, 09:11:58 PM
The Toro zero turns are real good, it was my dad uses for his lawn business. Also look at Skag or Skaggs whichever. It's a staple in the landscaping industry.

Toro residential or commercial?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Bobs69

I'll ask about Skaggs.  I've never heard of them before.  Is it an American only item?

FJMG

Case GT hydraulic drive from the 70's is what I use. These things are crazy overbuilt! My dad along with a few neighbors bought theirs new in 72, we just rebuilt the engine last year! These things use all kinds of attachments from snowblowers, mowers, tillers and blades to woodsplitters and chippers etc. Ingersoll now owns them and I think they are still distributed in the northeast U.S. There is a forum: MyTractorForum.com that discusses all kinds of brands of tractors and has a wealth of info there.
   A word of warning about case GT's, these dam things tend to multiply. I just bought my 4th one.

69DodgeCharger

I've heard good things about Simplicity riding mowers?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

1BAD68

You could look into the older model John Deere's.
I recently bought a '69 John Deere 140 thats built like a tank, has hydrostatic drive, front and rear hydraulics, PTO and a 48" mower deck.
I'm currently building a loader for it like the picture Charger490 posted above.
You can usually get a nice one for under a grand if you look hard enough but you would probably spend 6 to 7 grand to get a machine today that does everything this thing can do.
I'm confident that I'll never have to buy another tractor because its all bolted together and everything is rebuildable

bk72

i have an idea. take a body off of a riding lawnmower and make a mini charger body and put it on the lawnmower.  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

69DodgeCharger

I don't know about the quality of the riding mower but this guy is making a statement. This photo was obtained from this website if I remember correctly.

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

moparstuart

that is who i aspire to be   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bobs69

Quote from: 1BAD68 on April 21, 2009, 05:20:32 PM
You could look into the older model John Deere's.
I recently bought a '69 John Deere 140 thats built like a tank, has hydrostatic drive, front and rear hydraulics, PTO and a 48" mower deck.
I'm currently building a loader for it like the picture Charger490 posted above.
You can usually get a nice one for under a grand if you look hard enough but you would probably spend 6 to 7 grand to get a machine today that does everything this thing can do.
I'm confident that I'll never have to buy another tractor because its all bolted together and everything is rebuildable

I like that, I'm not sure where to start looking for one of those here tho.  Ontario Canada

1BAD68

try here...
http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/
They have a for sale section thats where I found mine, but I've seen them come up on Craigslist once in awhile.
Any of the 300 series John Deere's are capable of what the 140's can do and are easier to find (316, 317, 318, etc.)

here's my loader in the works...

Bobs69

What do you guys think of this Cub Cadet 1529??

Cub Cadet Model 1529 Lawn Tractor
19 HP Kawasaki V Twin, Hydrostatic transmission, 46" Quick Attach Deck. Comes with Mulching Kit and Bagger. Over $5000 when new. Asking $1500
                                 PH 613-354-3732

Images

View larger image
View larger image
View larger image
View larger image 

Tilar

Here's a kewl one.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Bobs69

That is a cool one!  But if I wanted to do something silly like that it would just be something else that would keep me from the charger.  I already am able to get side tracted easily.