News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

removing front sway bar for traction

Started by Silver R/T, April 05, 2008, 01:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Ive heard from some people that it helps with traction if front sway bar is removed, any truth to that?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemihead

What would the FRONT Swaybar have anything to do with traction ?  :shruggy:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Mike DC

Dragstrip-wise?  It helps weight transfer (slightly) if your car is already lifting the front end unevenly, one side higher than the other.

Handling-wise on the street?  It's not a gain, it's a loss.  It'll just make you oversteer more, and not in a good way.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 05, 2008, 03:50:32 PM

Dragstrip-wise?  It helps weight transfer (slightly) if your car is already lifting the front end unevenly, one side higher than the other.

Handling-wise on the street?  It's not a gain, it's a loss.  It'll just make you oversteer more, and not in a good way.

yes, for drag racing only, not for street use.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Removing the front swaybar gives more suspension travel on a launch....also looks better when you do a wheel stand! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

It goes hand in hand with having 6 cylinder torsion bars and looser shocks.

375instroke

This is one of Dick Landy's speed secrets.  You need some real power and slicks before worrying about that, though.

BBKNARF

Its true if your using a soft compound rear tire.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

mauve66

you don't need to completely remove it, just un-bolt the end links, that way you can bolt them back up for the drive home
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

c00nhunterjoe

my car lifts just fine and sways crazy on the street. i will leave mine in place.......