News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super Stock springs on the street

Started by Ghoste, April 15, 2009, 10:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Not because I'm planning on using them but just because I was wondering, how many of you are or have used the Mopar Super Stocks springs on the street and what your opinion is of the experience? 

mally69

Chryco Psycho

they work great , with soem tweaks traction is imporved & ride is still decent as the rear of the spring controls the ride while the front plats the tires , you just have to watch the weight rating to get the car sitting at the height you need

Ghoste

Neal, would you also say then that they work great out on the highway?  Not just around town but the twists and turns at speed that you would encounter in a drive through the countryside?

Brock Samson

I run them and find the ride harsh over sudden bumps like railroad crossings because the stiffness doesn't allow for the softer rebound cushion stock springs do, however the good thing is the lack of squat when "launching from a dead stop,.. there's no up down motion just positive traction.
But my charger runs hemi torsion bars and poly parts as opposed to the stock rubber, and I be live the entire combo should be matched to what you wish to achieve this includes the tires too.
the "Rubber Vs. Poly" thread, give allot more detail on my car's handling characteristics, allot of my problem that caused me to begin that thread was my worn out tires when i thought it was the bushings...  :shruggy:

incidentally, they tend to lift the rear of the car at least an inch over stock though i have no accurate measurements.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,9917.0.html

Ghoste

That's a good appraisal then Brock because few of us live in as twisty and up and down driving conditions as you.  :2thumbs: