News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pipes

Started by d/ur/t, April 14, 2009, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d/ur/t

Have a 70 R/T with drums all round want to upgrade to power discs.Looking at getting new brake pipes is the brake block that the pipes go into from the master in the same location for Drums and discs.

IE: can I buy new boosted disc brake pipes and have them fit.

cheers from australia

Ghoste

I think it's the same location but the metering valve is different for disc brake cars IIRC.  You'll also need a proportioning valve in there.

d/ur/t

yep got a proportioning valve. :2thumbs:

Realyu need to know if I can buy those tube from the boosted master down to the block and have them fit would make life easy as. :shruggy:

cheer s

Ghoste

Back N Black

The lines are the same from the master to the valve.You have the extra valve for disc brakes (Distribution block) about 12 inches down on the frame rail.

d/ur/t

Quote from: Back N Black on April 15, 2009, 08:27:00 AM
The lines are the same from the master to the valve.You have the extra valve for disc brakes (Distribution block) about 12 inches down on the frame rail.

Thanks man that's awesome.This site rocks.

Now that I have found out that they are the same pipes is the distribution block the same.

Is the proportioning valve the only difference to allow less pressure to the rears.

cheers

Back N Black

If the car was originally a 4 wheel drum vehicle, you can use the standard (drum brake) distribution block and add on an proportioning valve which can be mounted anywhere between the block and the back brakes.

Part                  Application                                  Type of Brakes                      Price
PR104b      1968-70 Mopar A, B, C-Body      Rear Line Disc Brake Hold-Off Valve      $62.00

d/ur/t

Quote from: Back N Black on April 16, 2009, 11:59:35 AM
If the car was originally a 4 wheel drum vehicle, you can use the standard (drum brake) distribution block and add on an proportioning valve which can be mounted anywhere between the block and the back brakes.

Part                  Application                                  Type of Brakes                      Price
PR104b      1968-70 Mopar A, B, C-Body      Rear Line Disc Brake Hold-Off Valve      $62.00

Thanks for your time guys appreciate it.

cheers From australia