News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What to do about sagging vent cover? pic attached

Started by ronwest, June 19, 2009, 09:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwest

The notorious sagging vent cover. The foam has let go in back where the screw holds it level and it's getting more droopy.
Any quick fix ideas? Please post a service manual pic on how to remove if you have it... thanks!
:2thumbs:

bull

Aside from getting a good used one you'll have to try reattaching it to its backing plate with some adhesive. Be sure to read the label on whatever adhesive you buy so it doesn't eat the foam.

maxwellwedge

Your avatar shows no sagging - send it too whoever does her work.  :eyes:   :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

Rob,
here is what you wrote on your other thread.  Would you mind breaking this down a little for me.  I have the same the sagging vent issue as well.

What I did was remove the vents, cut a slice from behind,(CUT A SLICE OF WHAT) and with a small screwdriver, slide in the 3M window weld I used for gluing the backing plate to the whole assy(THIS ALSO CONFUSED ME A LITTLE, I"M GUESSING THE 3M WINDOW WELD IS THE ADHESIVE USED..WHERE CAN I FIND IT) and then clamped it in place.  I then installed the re chromed vents, and she be looking good.  She gonna be looking even better when I slime it up with armor all.

Thanks

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ronwest

excellent... thanks! What's the simple way to remove that piece?  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

I removed my glove box and maybe radio and stuck my hands behind there and unscrewed what ever was holding it in.

As for the other question. On the right side some of my vinyl was puffed outward towards the vent. So on the back side where you could not normally view it, I slit a cut near there and then slid some window weld that I got in a grease gun tube size at the auto parts store like pep boys.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.