News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hemi Orange - 1970 V Code Roadrunner Coupe 1 of 429

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, April 18, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

I am considering selling my 1970 V Code Roadrunner coupe and was wondering what it may be worth? It was originally a 440 6 pack 4 speed car. Front split bench seat. Black interior. The car was drag raced for many years and has had sub frame connectors installed and the rear wheel tubs sectioned and the springs moved inboard. It will require a complete restoration. I do not have the numbers matching engine or transmission. The dana 60 is still in it and has 4.56 gears. It will require rear quarters, inner and outer wheel house, trunk floor and floor pan. I can sell it with or without an engine and transmission. Also have a mint grill with only one piece missing on the top where the plastic retainer installs but have another grille to take the piece from. Also have the stock hood and an air grabber hood in good shape, no rust and the air grabber assembly but some parts need some fixing.

Here is a link to some pics of the car.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2442926

Any idea what this may be worth with or without an engine or transmission? I was hoping to restore this car but am finding I do not have the time or the funds so time to sell some projects. I would also be interested in trading for a decent running muscle car!

This is not a for sale add but if I have placed this in the wrong spot perhaps the mods can move it!

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69bronzeT5

Don't sell it. You'll regret it...plus I wanna see it :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mopar_nut_440_6

Too many projects Cody and only so much money to go around.
1968 Charger R/T 440 

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

James,

Just a suggestion, pep up your ad a little on cardomain.
It almost sounds like you want to just get rid of it and downplaying what this car is.  That's just from reading the listing.... and we all know it's worth a bunch.
2 of the comments on there are wanting to know if it is for sale as well.

I'd say near the $40k mark due to rarity.  I might be low but it's a start.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2009, 05:22:29 PM
James,

Just a suggestion, pep up your ad a little on cardomain.
It almost sounds like you want to just get rid of it and downplaying what this car is.  That's just from reading the listing.... and we all know it's worth a bunch.
2 of the comments on there are wanting to know if it is for sale as well.

I'd say near the $40k mark due to rarity.  I might be low but it's a start.

Thanks, the cardomain was just done to place it up a couple of years ago and was not going to be used if I list it. I was just trying to get an idea what the car as it sits may be worth. I was actually thinking it would only be worth around 20000 at the moment teh way it sits as it still needs a full resto.
1968 Charger R/T 440 

mikepmcs

1 of 429 with the options, you would be giving it away at that price IMO.  Economy not withstanding.

EDIT, didn't see the running gear sentence, just read the listing again.  That will bring it down considerably.  My bad.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?