News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guy finds card skimmer on bank ATM

Started by 472 R/T SE, April 16, 2009, 05:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

nh_mopar_fan

Pay close attention at the gas pumps too. I hear they like to target them as well.

mikepmcs

Ok i'm stupid, what the heck is it.  Steals card info I imagine?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

That's something new, have to watch out
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dodge Don

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 16, 2009, 06:26:17 PM
Ok i'm stupid, what the heck is it.  Steals card info I imagine?

Card skimming is where they use a device to capture the data encoded in the magnetic stripe of the card. With this data they can create a counterfeit plastic. However, the mag stripe data alone on a bank card is pretty useless without the PIN....if he had looked around really hard he would have found a keyhole camera hidden somewhere close by recording the PIN entry....they match up the PIN and the data later, create a counterfeit white plastic card and can then drain your bank account.

With a credit card they cannot do that. They could make a counterfeit card but after 1 or 2 transactions the card is shut down. The neural neworks used on credit cards are infinitely superior to regular ATM bank cards.

mikepmcs

Thanks Don

You know, I imagine if they used those smarts for legit work they could make a decent living and not have to worry about going to jail.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Dodge Don

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 16, 2009, 07:05:21 PM
Thanks Don

You know, I imagine if they used those smarts for legit work they could make a decent living and not have to worry about going to jail.

That's the rub, the laws in Canada and the US don't prosecute people for these "victimless" crimes since the banks end up writing it off. So actually it is more profitable being a crook unfortunately. In the US you get time for a joint....drain someones account and you walk. Go figure  :shruggy: