News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a new rifle today! What do you think?

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, April 09, 2009, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 10, 2009, 12:46:04 AM
Nice - I love the AK series rifles...   think of them like Toyotas...    cheaper than a Dodge, does the same thing, but is cheaper and will last 3x as long   :smilielol:

That being said I only have two AR-15s right now...   no AKs as of yet...   I am working on my National Match M1A though   :2thumbs:
I don't agree.  Commie guns are like Chinese tools. Cheap and won't last. :smilielol:

TheGhost

What do I think?  I think that's a killing machine, and should be destroyed with all the rest!  And you are an evil person for even considering to own a gun!

Nah, just kidding.  Not my kind of gun, but more power to you.  I personally would LOVE to own an M1 Garand someday.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: TheGhost on April 11, 2009, 01:03:22 AM
What do I think?  I think that's a killing machine, and should be destroyed with all the rest!  And you are an evil person for even considering to own a gun!

Nah, just kidding.  Not my kind of gun, but more power to you.  I personally would LOVE to own an M1 Garand someday.

Haha... you were sounding like a politician!

I see the M1's for sale occasionally.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

ACUDANUT

3 Types of M1's.  M1A=the best. M1 Garand=okay but only holds 8 rounds. M1 carbine=pistol round and is borderline okay.

TheGhost

The Garand is my favorite.  Even with the 8 rounds, just one of those rounds is enough to make someone drop.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 11, 2009, 11:57:00 AM
3 Types of M1's.  M1A=the best. M1 Garand=okay but only holds 8 rounds. M1 carbine=pistol round and is borderline okay.

I own an M1 Carbine already - it is a FUN gun to shoot - it does use a puny 30 cal. but it was not made for distance shooting anyway - it was made for close quarters combat...   

My best friend has an M1 Garand...   

If you're looking for an M1 Garand - go to http://www.odcmp.com/ -  they have good deals if you pass the qualifications - you can order them directly from them for about 1/2 the cost of getting them elsewhere
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

AKcharger

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 12, 2009, 02:09:26 PM

I own an M1 Carbine already - it is a FUN gun to shoot - it does use a puny 30 cal. but it was not made for distance shooting anyway - it was made for close quarters combat...   

If you're looking for an M1 Garand - go to http://www.odcmp.com/ -  they have good deals if you pass the qualifications - you can order them directly from them for about 1/2 the cost of getting them elsewhere
My great uncle who fought in the Korean War, claims M1 Carbine would not penetrate a Chinese winter uniform.  :shruggy:

AKcharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 12, 2009, 07:22:49 PM
My great uncle who fought in the Korean War, claims M1 Carbine would not penetrate a Chinese winter uniform.  :shruggy:

Yes, but that lil .30 carbine round can lodge under the skin and cause a nasty infection! carbine is the lil' guy on the left:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 12, 2009, 02:09:26 PM

agreed - not much stopping power - my grandfather was issued one in WWII and he said he left it behind - he had more stopping power with his 1911...        none-the-less it is a fun gun to shoot...    ammo isnt crazy expensive either...   

Damn man...   M1 Carbine, AR, FN, M1A, M1 Garand, and what ?  A Mauser K98 ?

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: AKcharger on April 13, 2009, 01:27:45 AM

Yes, but that lil .30 carbine round can lodge under the skin and cause a nasty infection! carbine is the lil' guy on the left:

Nice collection.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AKcharger on April 13, 2009, 01:27:45 AM

:smilielol:
Hey, what's the one third from the left, with the carrying handle on top?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ACUDANUT

Looks like a AR with a quick change Barrel ? :shruggy:

Rolling_Thunder

I believe it is an FN style rifle...   Maybe an FN FAL ?

AKcharger

- Rolling thunder...last one is an M1917 enfield, rifle used by U.S. forces in WWI, kicks like a mule!
- Thanks for the kind words Mopar nut! gun collection stopped when I got into Chargers ;)
- 3rd gun from the left is an L1A1...Rolling thunder was right, it's the British/Austrialian version of the FN-FAL.   
  Carrying handle folds down, was just up for the picture, mine has a 4x Trilux scope, perfect for zombies!  :2guns: