News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Awesome deals today!

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, April 13, 2009, 04:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

Got a call from a friend today telling me he found 4 cars for a great deal. I went to look at them and bought them all.

I picked up a 70 Roadrunner, 71 Demon, 69 Charger and a 70 Challenger. The wife didn't even object. I could not believe it!!  :o

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

richard pettys 73

YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mauve66

ok, april fools is over ya know..............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

WINGR

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on April 13, 2009, 04:21:20 PM
Got a call from a friend today telling me he found 4 cars for a great deal. I went to look at them and bought them all.

I picked up a 70 Roadrunner, 71 Demon, 69 Charger and a 70 Challenger. The wife didn't even object. I could not believe it!!  :o

Okay, are they 1:64, 1:24 or 1:18 scale?  :smilielol:

mopar_nut_440_6

It must have been the wife thing!! Haha..

You guys are just too clever!   :cheers:
1968 Charger R/T 440 

skip68

I like the color cobo on the Demon.  :cheers:   So, what are the plans with them ?   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: skip68 on April 13, 2009, 04:49:26 PM
I like the color cobo on the Demon.  :cheers:   So, what are the plans with them ?   :nana:

I just pick this stuff up as I see them. They were 1.33 Canadian! I collect these a bit and some of the 1:18 scale stuff. Much cheaper!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

69*F5*SE

mikepmcs

I totally fell for it.  I don't fall for Chuck's prank, but swallowed the hook on this one. :scratchchin:   On that note.  Goodnight gentlemen. :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1969chargerrtse

You got a good wife buddy, hang on to her.  My wife would of complained to me about buying junk.  :-\
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1970Moparmann

Well, I have a better one.  There are 5 restored Mopars 1 unrestored sitting in a barn that needs to go ASAP.  I'm working on getting the details, but apparently, liquidation city.... The father passed away and the mother and kids don't know anything else.  Looking to get details and see what the cars are.  The car that needs paint is a Charger........ :popcrn: :popcrn:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on April 13, 2009, 08:00:13 PM
Well, I have a better one.  There are 5 restored Mopars 1 unrestored sitting in a barn that needs to go ASAP.  I'm working on getting the details, but apparently, liquidation city.... The father passed away and the mother and kids don't know anything else.  Looking to get details and see what the cars are.  The car that needs paint is a Charger........ :popcrn: :popcrn:

Nice, mine is pretty good as well. I have a 70 Duster, 70 Roadrunner, 68 Charger and a Landcruiser and she even bought herself a 69 Chevelle last year stating " If I can't beat him I may as well join him". She does not mind at all as I have educated her watching Barret Jackson and such plus se probably enjoys the alone time while i am out in the shop!

It is nice that we have such understanding wives or I would be divorced!!

Cheers,
1968 Charger R/T 440 

dodgecharger-fan

Got it
Need it
Got it
Need it
:2thumbs:

Zellers had their HotWheels on sale last week. $0.69 each.

My wife told me about it and then came with me to search through them.

I also picked up a plum crazy version of the Demon and a dozen or other cars for my grandson.

BLUE68RT4ME

My dad used to race a '71 Demon just like that except it was the burnt orange color.  That 340 really hauled.  He ran G-Pure Stock-Automatic and had records at two different strips in the midwest @ 13.10 or so.  I'd like to get one some day just for his sake.  RIP

:2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Fitz73Chrgr

That Dixie Challenger is called the Roger Dodger (you can kind of read it in the picture).  I always thought that was the coolest Hotwheels model, it really resembles a late 3rd gen SE.  I have a gold colored one from the '70s that is worth a few bucks.  I think my Dad bought it back in the day to match his old '74 SE. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

ac_knight

I got one like the Charger for my 30th birthday a few weeks back.  It was a gag gift from my mother-in-law.