News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Navy Seals 3, pirates 0

Started by bull, April 13, 2009, 12:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-ap-piracy-captain-rescue-041309,0,2390321.story?track=rss

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Bracing themselves on a rolling warship in choppy seas, U.S. Navy snipers fired three flawless shots to kill a trio of Somali pirates and free the American sea captain being held at gunpoint, a Navy commander said Monday.

:2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Todd Wilson

Good for them!  Shoulda happened sooner though. Should have smoked the boat when the Capt jumped in the water.

Todd

chargerboy69

I was not there so I did not know the situation, but I was surprised it took them so long to do it. But from the article I read a few days ago the administration was trying to negotiate a "peaceful" ending to the crisis. God bless the Seals for getting the job done.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

skip68

I think we are going to start to see more of this stuff as this is becoming a bigger problem.  I mean, come on you dumb ass pirates.   :slap: :rotz: We are on to you so take what you want and get out.  Where are you going to go with a ship ?  It's like painting yourself in a corner.   :slap:  I hope that we start a policy that we just sink the ships because as this gets worse I think that the pirates will just start killing the crews.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

Quote from: chargerboy69 on April 13, 2009, 01:18:06 PM
But from the article I read a few days ago the administration was trying to negotiate a "peaceful" ending to the crisis.

The ending was peaceful. ;) Only one tracer shot and three shots by the Seals; that's about as peaceful as it was going to get in my book.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: skip68 on April 13, 2009, 01:22:43 PM
I think we are going to start to see more of this stuff as this is becoming a bigger problem.  I mean, come on you dumb ass pirates.   :slap: :rotz: We are on to you so take what you want and get out.  Where are you going to go with a ship ?  It's like painting yourself in a corner.   :slap:  I hope that we start a policy that we just sink the ships because as this gets worse I think that the pirates will just start killing the crews.  

They don't want the ship as much as they want a good reason make a ransom demand.
The big problem is that they've been successful in the past - someone paid the ransom - so they keep doing it.
There are stories of pirates hijacking small fishing boats and sending ransom demands to the fishermen's families. You don't get rich, but it might get you fuel for the next job....

Maybe this latest incident will slow them down a bit (I hope so), but more than likely, they'll just be more certain of the flag under which the ship is sailing.

mauve66

WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Foreman72

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 13, 2009, 12:43:57 PM
As it should be. :icon_smile_approve:

darn straight...glad to see some of the people in the world still have some sense...i thought i was the only one who wanted these pirates shellacked
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mauve66

did you read the article where the pirate says they vow revenge for the deaths and the US is the #1 enemy now??? :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:
their pissed cause we wouldn't do what they wanted and its our fault :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

MichaelRW

Quote from: mauve66 on April 13, 2009, 04:36:12 PM
did you read the article where the pirate says they vow revenge for the deaths and the US is the #1 enemy now??? :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:
their pissed cause we wouldn't do what they wanted and its our fault :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:

It's probably a lot of bluster. They have to think now that they may die or spend their lives in a US prison. I certainly hope the guy that was captured is tried in the US and not turned over to Kenya where he could possibly get off.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

mikepmcs

Been following it since the start and just knew that would be the end result.  Can you picture those Navy Warriors right there on the fantail laying in wait for hours stretching into days, never moving, just waiting for the command.  I could, and was damn proud when they blew those MF's away and freed  the Captain, who is also a hero in my book.  He did the right thing, as he was supposed to, and that is make every attempt to escape!  He could have easily been killed, although those pirates weren't going to kill him at that point for obvious reasons.  They're pirates and they want money/booty unlike the scum we are fighting over there in you know where.
Awesome, is all I can say! Simply Awesome!!!
I read the other story too about the revenge, etc....
They don't even want to go there!

NAVY! Hoorah!!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ACUDANUT

Ya, it's funny. They want revenge, when they are the criminals.  How dumb are these idoits.  We are the one's who should seek yet more revenge. They got a wake up call. Do not mess with the U.S. :cheers:
Other's should follow our lead.

ACUDANUT

The press, calls them snipers. Haha....Heck, they jumped out of the water and shot them point blank.  :cheers:

richard pettys 73

did exactly as trained to do...shoot to kill... and i agree  :yesnod:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

Foreman72

Quote from: ACUDANUT on April 13, 2009, 04:56:07 PM
Ya, it's funny. They want revenge, when they are the criminals.  How dumb are these idoits.  We are the one's who should seek yet more revenge. They got a wake up call. Do not mess with the U.S. :cheers:
Other's should follow our lead.

Do not mess with the US of A indeed...plus this country has had no organized government in like a decade...raise your hand if your frighted
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

400/6/PAC

I love how this turned out.
Go Navy :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Quote from: bull on April 13, 2009, 02:04:23 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on April 13, 2009, 01:18:06 PM
But from the article I read a few days ago the administration was trying to negotiate a "peaceful" ending to the crisis.

The ending was peaceful. ;) Only one tracer shot and three shots by the Seals; that's about as peaceful as it was going to get in my book.

Damned straight Bull.  If they want to negotiate with these pirates, send an "envoy" of ground attack aircraft equipped with laser seaking treaties and they'll have peace in no time.  It worked in Libya and if some of the current hotspots hadn't existed for so long next door to the USSR, something could have been done there too way back when it was possible. (spoken from the safety of my armchair obviously but it's still my opinion)

nh_mopar_fan

jb666

Rolling_Thunder

I'm surprised the SEALS didn't get lost on the way    :rofl:     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mauve66

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 13, 2009, 11:05:59 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 13, 2009, 11:05:59 PM

no that would be the begining of when delta force started their operations in the desert, i think they are a little better nowdays though.......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

TheGhost

Anybody else notice how the media kept praising Obama for this operation? :eyes:  Like it was Obama himself that took the shots.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mikepmcs

Yeah, they're trying aren't they :smilielol: 

"under direct orders from the CIC"   blah blah blah.  Hey snapper head. :slap:

Next it will be Michael Moore or Bill Maher making the calls.  :2guns:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bigred68

The news said tonight that there were at least 17 other ships with a total of 200 sailors being held captive. The news said that since this politicized incident has unfolded that at least 4 other ships had been taken over by (possible) Somalian pirates. Makes one wonder what else is happening on our Earth that we should, and don't even know about.
:cheers: