News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a new rifle today! What do you think?

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, April 09, 2009, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_nut_440_6

Sold two SKS-D's and bought this.  What do you think?

More info here:

http://www3.telus.net/gunnery/Czech/CZ858manual.pdf
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Fitz73Chrgr

:scratchchin:  I've never seen one like that before.  The price of AK style rifles has skyrocketed since the election, so I guess it depends on what you paid for it.  It definitely looks like a fun gun. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on April 09, 2009, 09:55:26 PM
:scratchchin:  I've never seen one like that before.  The price of AK style rifles has skyrocketed since the election, so I guess it depends on what you paid for it.  It definitely looks like a fun gun. 

AK's are illegal in Canada and they are trying to make these prohibited as well. Thought I better grab one prior to this! Definitely fun and cheap ammo! They are a fairly well refined military rifle!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

richard pettys 73

:scratchchin: nice..... but i stick with american made  :yesnod:

:2guns:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: richard pettys 73 on April 09, 2009, 10:09:12 PM

Very nice. Is that an Alexander Arms rifle?
1968 Charger R/T 440 

richard pettys 73

no sir...colt pre ban government eddition

richard pettys 73

the ak 47 were very well made rifles though. i especially like the yougoslavian and the swedish ak   :2thumbs:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ACUDANUT

Quote from: richard pettys 73 on April 09, 2009, 10:09:12 PM

Me too. I prefer my AR10.  More Horse power.

CB

you can't drink a beer as a passenger in a car but you are allowed to buy such fire arms  :o :o :o :o :o :o
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: CB on April 09, 2009, 11:07:24 PM
you can't drink a beer as a passenger in a car but you are allowed to buy such fire arms  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Unfortunately not in Canada!! Those guns are beasts!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ACUDANUT

Only in America.  :smilielol:
We love our Guns and hate our drunks. BTW the two do not mix well (Guns and Booze).
BTW I am a German.  :cheers:

FJ571440B

I'm picking up a VERY nice Yugoslavian SKS with all the goodies it came with plus a scope here in the next week or 2. I got to pop about 20-30 rounds through it last weekend. I'm just waiting for Uncle Sam to come and buy it for me! :D I've heard good and bad about them,mostly good,but this thing is mint,shoots flawlessly and is right on. The guy I'm buying it from brought his old Dragunov sniper rifle. That was a bad MF'er! My ears finally started ringing after that.
Gotta luv toys.
Next time....

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: FJ571440B on April 09, 2009, 11:11:23 PM
I'm picking up a VERY nice Yugoslavian SKS with all the goodies it came with plus a scope here in the next week or 2. I got to pop about 20-30 rounds through it last weekend. I'm just waiting for Uncle Sam to come and buy it for me! :D I've heard good and bad about them,mostly good,but this thing is mint,shoots flawlessly and is right on. The guy I'm buying it from brought his old Dragunov sniper rifle. That was a bad MF'er! My ears finally started ringing after that.
Gotta luv toys.

The SKS's are a fun gun and inexpensive. If that one is dead on then you are lucky as they generally are not that accurate. I like the inexpensive rounds too!  :yesnod:
1968 Charger R/T 440 

Rolling_Thunder

Nice - I love the AK series rifles...   think of them like Toyotas...    cheaper than a Dodge, does the same thing, but is cheaper and will last 3x as long   :smilielol:

That being said I only have two AR-15s right now...   no AKs as of yet...   I am working on my National Match M1A though   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bigcountry

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 10, 2009, 12:46:04 AM
Nice - I love the AK series rifles...   :hah: think of them like Toyotas...    cheaper than a Dodge, does the same thing, but is cheaper and will last 3x as long   :smilielol:

So you are saying they are junk??? :shruggy:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

bigcountry

Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Dans 68

Yep. Go figure, CB. But drinking beer as a passenger is legal in some States...probably some of those darn personal responsibility States, I think. Now, if you have tough enough laws (you drive while intoxicated you lose your right to drive forever or use a firearm in the facilitation of a crime you lose your rights forever) these poorly thought out penal code miscreants would not exist. Buying firearms is one of the best freedoms we (still) have. Reminds me of a story my buddy told me last month. My buddy was working in a gun store (he is ex-police/swat/military) when a group of customers comes in. Probably all from the same company. Now, realize that this shop is a lot like the bar in "Cheers". Lots of regulars chewing the fat. One of the customers in the group had moderate anti-gun views, but he pretty much kept to his self (up to now) and just wanted to see what the fuss was all about. The store owner asked him if he wanted to handle any of the weapons. The customer said "No, guns kill people." Upon hearing that, the owner took out his sidearm, screamed for everyone to look out, ran around the counter and placed the sidearm in the middle of the floor. "LOOK OUT! LOOK OUT!! ITS GOING TO GO OFF!!! RUN!!! ITS GOING TO KILL US ALL!!!" Well, the customer got the message. He conceded the point when the owner picked up the now chastised side arm and came back around the counter.

Hmm, what were we talking about? Oh, yes, very nice rifle. NATO (7.62 mm/30 cal.) rounds?

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: bigcountry on April 10, 2009, 12:48:49 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 10, 2009, 12:46:04 AM
Nice - I love the AK series rifles...   :hah: think of them like Toyotas...    cheaper than a Dodge, does the same thing, but is cheaper and will last 3x as long   :smilielol:

So you are saying they are junk??? :shruggy:

nope - just saying they do the same job as an AR - they are just more affordable, more reliable, and cheaper to fill up     :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 10, 2009, 12:53:28 AM

Yep. Go figure, CB. But drinking beer as a passenger is legal in some States...probably some of those darn personal responsibility States, I think. Now, if you have tough enough laws (you drive while intoxicated you lose your right to drive forever or use a firearm in the facilitation of a crime you lose your rights forever) these poorly thought out penal code miscreants would not exist. Buying firearms is one of the best freedoms we (still) have. Reminds me of a story my buddy told me last month. My buddy was working in a gun store (he is ex-police/swat/military) when a group of customers comes in. Probably all from the same company. Now, realize that this shop is a lot like the bar in "Cheers". Lots of regulars chewing the fat. One of the customers in the group had moderate anti-gun views, but he pretty much kept to his self (up to now) and just wanted to see what the fuss was all about. The store owner asked him if he wanted to handle any of the weapons. The customer said "No, guns kill people." Upon hearing that, the owner took out his sidearm, screamed for everyone to look out, ran around the counter and placed the sidearm in the middle of the floor. "LOOK OUT! LOOK OUT!! ITS GOING TO GO OFF!!! RUN!!! ITS GOING TO KILL US ALL!!!" Well, the customer got the message. He conceded the point when the owner picked up the now chastised side arm and came back around the counter.

Hmm, what were we talking about? Oh, yes, very nice rifle. NATO (7.62 mm/30 cal.) rounds?

Dan

Yes, 7.62 x 39MM 1160 rounds can be had for as little as 150.00 Canadian but normally around 200. We recently were able to buy tracer rounds but the government also put an end to this! Bastards!!
1968 Charger R/T 440 

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Dans 68 on April 10, 2009, 12:53:28 AM
Yep. Go figure, CB. But drinking beer as a passenger is legal in some States...probably some of those darn personal responsibility States, I think.

Missouri is still one of those states, and I am very thankful for it.  Without personal freedoms, we would have nothing. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

mikepmcs

Quote from: skip68 on April 09, 2009, 11:10:03 PM
zip it Belgium !   :nana:

I spit my soda on the screen, thanks.

I sleep with my SKS right next to me and about 7 strip clips.(if I need to fire more than 56, i'm most likely in trouble anyway)  Ammo box very close as well.  Cheap and reliable for the most part......all I need is 20 feet if someone breaks in. I'd say dead nuts at that range. ;D
My side by side is right next to that for fair warning. :2thumbs:
Oh and my kabar is right under my pillow for the silent killin'  You never know when you gotta pull some movie shi#.

Nice guns!!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 10, 2009, 04:06:57 PM
Quote from: skip68 on April 09, 2009, 11:10:03 PM
zip it Belgium !   :nana:

I spit my soda on the screen, thanks.

I sleep with my SKS right next to me and about 7 strip clips.(if I need to fire more than 56, i'm most likely in trouble anyway)  Ammo box very close as well.  Cheap and reliable for the most part......all I need is 20 feet if someone breaks in. I'd say dead nuts at that range. ;D
My side by side is right next to that for fair warning. :2thumbs:
Oh and my kabar is right under my pillow for the silent killin'  You never know when you gotta pull some movie shi#.

Nice guns!!

We keep all of the firearms locked up as per the law and young kids in the house but I do have two samurai swords right beside my bed and am proficient in the use of them as well as a collection of knives as well. Plus I also have a 150 pound Great Pyrenees male dog who is quite protective of his house. He protects our meat from grizzlies when we are hunting so I am confident we are safe!

PS I love those kabars, they are an awesome blade!
1968 Charger R/T 440