News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rare 68 charger - wots it worth?

Started by glens68, April 21, 2009, 05:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens68

318 3 speed on the column manual. listed as only one built in 68 (although I was told they built 3)
Whats it worth in restored condition in todays market place?

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 21, 2009, 05:17:40 PM
Not much....... :popcrn:
Sadly, I concur....even though it might be "1 of 3" or what ever #, you'd be hard pressed to find a collector willing to plunk down buku bucks for a 318 3-speed on the column.....

Rare? Yes....worth a lot of coin? there might be an ass for every seat...one day... ;)

PS--welcome to the site :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Rare vs. desirable is the teeter-totter of value. A 318 with 3 on the tree is high on the rare side but low on the desirable side.

69DodgeCharger

http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Charger666

Quote from: bull on April 21, 2009, 05:49:17 PM
Rare vs. desirable is the teeter-totter of value. A 318 with 3 on the tree is high on the rare side but low on the desirable side.

:iagree:

captnsim

Love to have it as a driver though...  :yesnod:

gtx6970

Ghoste

Forget "worth" in this case and just enjoy the car for what it is, a classic in every sense and a beautifully styled example of motoring from an era which will never be repeated.  Drive the wheels off her.

glens68

Thanks for input. Its currently has an agreed insurance value of £20K (about $35K give or take) just wanted to know what the climates like for selling it in the US. I want to move onto another project!

Hemidoug

Brother...if you can get 35K for it I would walk.....no RUN to the nearest bank and cash that check...... :scratchchin:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 22, 2009, 02:01:14 PM
Brother...if you can get 35K for it I would walk.....no RUN to the nearest bank and cash that check...... :scratchchin:

I agree, you can get a nice R/T for that much with the current economy!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Dans 68

I concur. That amount of money for a '68 Charger with a 3-speed on the column would be fantastic. Sell.... :yesnod:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Tilar

I have one and if they were worth that kind of money, I would sell it instead of dropping a 440 and A512 in it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Agreed value is his from his insurance co.....burn it if you want that kind of $$$
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Tilar

I don't think they are as rare as everyone seems to think they are. I've seen a few on ebay, one was from the same area mine is from.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Supercharged Riot

The 68 Charger I got was originally a 6 cyl. manual on the column.

Except 2 owners ago, it got replaced with a 383 with an A833

I still have the original shifter column behind my steering wheel.

dkn1997

It  makes it easier to put a 4 speed and a big block in it!
RECHRGED

Ghoste

Quote from: Tilar on April 22, 2009, 07:00:55 PM
I don't think they are as rare as everyone seems to think they are. I've seen a few on ebay, one was from the same area mine is from.

Part of the rarity comes from the Guru, he lists three "known" in his production stats.  Regardless, I still think they are extremely rare just perhaps a few more than three.

mopar_nut_440_6

I personally think it would be cool to have a manual column shift Charger! My 12 second Charger was a column shift AT!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude