News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Supercharger carb questions

Started by Rayzor, December 09, 2006, 12:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayzor

I decided to run my procharger with a blow threw carb setup. I will be using a Holley 4150 with the correct mods for boost, but I am wondering about the airflow required to feed 452 cubes. Most would say 750cfm or larger, but that would be for a N/A motor. I have a 600 DP 4150 stitting on the shelf to play with. So what I am wondering is with the proper jetting will a 600 carb support this large of a motor running 7-9 psi.  After all air will be forced threw it rather then vacuum. Any thoughts?

Silver R/T

smaller cfm carb will have better signal so you'll have crisper acceleration from the start rather if you were to go with bigger carb. That's from my understanding. Of couse if you stick 1050cfm carb on there you'll have more power in top end. It might feel sluggish at the start though
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

firefighter3931

The venturis will be too small, inmo. The blower effectively increases the displacement depending on how much boost you dial in. I would look at a bigger carb or maybe even a proform main body for the existing DP'er. I think the baseplate of the 600 cfm carb is still gonna be a little on the small side though but it would run better with the bigger (proform) main body.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 09, 2006, 01:18:55 PM
The venturis will be too small, inmo. The blower effectively increases the displacement depending on how much boost you dial in. I would look at a bigger carb or maybe even a proform main body for the existing DP'er. I think the baseplate of the 600 cfm carb is still gonna be a little on the small side though but it would run better with the bigger (proform) main body.

Ron

I agree , we used 2 750s on a blown 440 [pull through & it was still showing vacuum at WOT

Rayzor

Looks like I have some shopping to do.....

flchargerfan

Quote from: Rayzor on December 09, 2006, 12:42:52 AM
I decided to run my procharger with a blow threw carb setup. I will be using a Holley 4150 with the correct mods for boost, but I am wondering about the airflow required to feed 452 cubes. Most would say 750cfm or larger, but that would be for a N/A motor. I have a 600 DP 4150 stitting on the shelf to play with. So what I am wondering is with the proper jetting will a 600 carb support this large of a motor running 7-9 psi.  After all air will be forced threw it rather then vacuum. Any thoughts?
This is off topic, but am curious what a procharger sounds like with the motor running. Do you get that "alternator with a bad bearing sound" that I've heard of or is it basically undetectable?

kamkuda

My buddy had a blown prepped 750 Dominator and switched to a prepped standard 850.  It ran much better with the 850.  This was on a stroked 383 procharged engine.