News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally I can sit at the table reserved for "Charger owners Only"

Started by lastoasis, April 09, 2009, 02:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Curtis I think that's some sort of cheap relative of the stay pufft marshmallow man.

RD

congrats on the find! great looking charger there... i am jealous...
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mefirst

mikesbbody

Daytona R/T SE

We need to see a better pic of that scissor jack in the trunk  :scope:

Looks an awful lot like a Daytona/Superbird jack  :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on April 09, 2009, 04:56:03 PM
We need to see a better pic of that scissor jack in the trunk  :scope:

Looks an awful lot like a Daytona/Superbird jack  :shruggy:

If it is the car just paid for itself. :lol:

RAC95054

Quote from: lastoasis on April 09, 2009, 02:05:44 PM
Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on April 09, 2009, 02:01:22 PM
Whats the plan, Restoration?

Probably, I have to accumulate some extra funds first.......What I really need is more room

Nice find!  Blue on blue R/T.  Hard to beat that.  

Where was the car sitting for so long?  I see the Ohio plates, but it looks like the interior looks like it had been rather moist.  And the bumpers, valve covers, etc seem more corroded than normal for being in a barn that long.  Was it in a place with a lot of humidity?  
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

bull

Quote from: RAC95054 on April 09, 2009, 05:03:24 PM

Probably, I have to accumulate some extra funds first.......What I really need is more room

Where was the car sitting for so long?  I see the Ohio plates, but it looks like the interior looks like it had been rather moist.  And the bumpers, valve covers, etc seem more corroded than normal for being in a barn that long.  Was it in a place with a lot of humidity?  

I thought the same thing but I assumed it was an east coast car that had been driven on salty roads before being stored. :shruggy:

tan top

good pictures  :yesnod: found the broad cast sheet then  :2thumbs:  , might be another somewhere ..under front seats or behind the seat back  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69*F5*SE

It will definitely be interesting to see the transformation from before to after on that baby.

Dodge Don

I don't think that broadcast sheet is for your car. It is missing the A47 option. Check the VIN against yours.

lastoasis

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 09, 2009, 05:45:53 PM
I don't think that broadcast sheet is for your car. It is missing the A47 option. Check the VIN against yours.

you're right not mine.... if that car is in the 1970 registry I'll be glad to send to you or the owner

rav440

:2thumbs: great score  :2thumbs: how did you find it ? ad in paper , CL , ect .? what is stamped on the M/T valve cover ?
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Dodge Don

Quote from: lastoasis on April 09, 2009, 06:16:27 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 09, 2009, 05:45:53 PM

you're right not mine.... if that car is in the 1970 registry I'll be glad to send to you or the owner

A couple of options, send a scan of the sheet with your contact info so if the owner appears we can hook you up. Or mail in the actual sheet which we hold on file until we find the owner.

Also, when you register your car please note that you are looking for your sheet so if we have it or find it in the future we can hook you up.

JimsSE

lastoasis - real nice find.  Hey question for you.  Those GT Radials look like the original tires my '79 Magnum GT came with.  If you're not planning on reusing them and are interested in selling please e-mail me a jctplank@comcast.net  Thanks!

Jim

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

lastoasis

Quote from: JimsSE on April 09, 2009, 07:08:39 PM
lastoasis - real nice find.  Hey question for you.  Those GT Radials look like the original tires my '79 Magnum GT came with.  If you're not planning on reusing them and are interested in selling please e-mail me a jctplank@comcast.net  Thanks!

Jim

only one of them will hold air and all of them are "like new", but have really bad cracks on the sidewall. they have been on the car in the barn for about 26 years.

lastoasis

Quote from: RAC95054 on April 09, 2009, 05:03:24 PM

It was a NC car before being brought to Ohio. The barn is on the north side of a hill with tall trees that shade it. It is a cold damp barn. 

lastoasis

Quote from: rav440 on April 09, 2009, 06:28:01 PM
:2thumbs: great score  :2thumbs: how did you find it ? ad in paper , CL , ect .? what is stamped on the M/T valve cover ?

It states the drivetrain was custom built by this shop in Akron for the previous owner.  His daughter and my daughter were roomates in college. We briefly talked about cars when we had lunch 7- 8 years ago. After he passed away his wife offered his cars to me first.  dumb luck :shruggy:

moparstuart

please get us a better picture of that jack 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mopar73

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mopar_nut_440_6

Great find. Very nice, hope to see you get started on it soon! :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

lastoasis

Quote from: moparstuart on April 09, 2009, 09:11:35 PM

I will, right now the car is shoe-horned in my garage and I'm leaving town for the weekend.... check back early next week

hopefully I can figure out why I can't post pics anymore

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: lastoasis on April 10, 2009, 07:43:32 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 09, 2009, 09:11:35 PM

I will, right now the car is shoe-horned in my garage and I'm leaving town for the weekend.... check back early next week

hopefully I can figure out why I can't post pics anymore

:2thumbs: