News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

prom

Started by chargerkid01, April 08, 2009, 09:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hey you all can laugh all you want. I'm stuck going to prom this year it is my fiance's senior year. Any body want to let me borrow their charger?? I promise to clean, detail, gas, and make sure nothing happens to it!!<-- This is a joke!! I wish mine was done maybe for our wedding. That date is June 19, 2010. Everyone is invited!!

bigcountry

I know that was a joke, but if mine where finished, I'd let you take it.  I remember what it was like and that would have been one of the coolest things ever.   I didn't have any family members that where into cars, and the guys that did, I was so jealous of.  I drove a '88 Ford Tempo to prom :rotz:  I have a nephew (16) and I can't wait to let him drive it, may even get him interested in something besides ricers. Hopefully he will want to drive it to prom, and catch the "fever".
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

moparguy01

hope you can find one, i went to prom 2 years, once in my 49 international, and once in my 64 polara. (this was in 2000 and 2001) had some fun. a nice car makes it alot of fun.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerkid01

Thanks everyone. I'm going to clean my truck up real good and take it I might even see if my dad will buff it out.  :cheers: :cheers:

PocketThunder

You're engaged to be married to a girl who is still in High School?  That is something that is not so common anymore.  Good luck to you and your fiance.  :cheers:

If i may be blunt for a minute, just remember, the woman you engage and the wife she turns out to be are two very different people, just be ready for that.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerkid01

she is only 10 months youger than me and started school later than I did. We have been together for over 3 years.

PocketThunder

Quote from: chargerkid01 on April 09, 2009, 04:28:10 PM
she is only 10 months youger than me and started school later than I did. We have been together for over 3 years.

10-4 buddy!

Good luck grasshopper and remember to keep your stick on the ice!..   :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ponch ®

Oy vey....

im keeping my thoughts to myself.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerkid01

don't keep your thoughts to yourself!! We are all friends and I know no one here is trying to start stuff here!!

dkn1997

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 09, 2009, 11:23:12 PM

Oy vey....

im keeping my thoughts to myself.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I think every guy over age 30 reading this is probably thinking the same thing.
RECHRGED

jb666

Good luck bro.. I certainly can't comment, my wife and I met on the 1st and were married on the 9th and had never met before that.. Had our 18th anniversary the other day.

chargerkid01

We started dating Jan 19, 2006 the wedding is June 19. 2010 we have been together for awhile!!

Mopar440+6

Concerning the prom:

I hope you get a nice ride man. I was supposed to take my grandfather's '41 Plymouth convertible but we couldn't get it licensed in time. That was a big let down for me...

Concerning the relationship:

I'll say what I'm pretty sure a lot of guys on here are thinking. I wish you and your fiancee all the best. And I hope you two make a wonderful life together. HOWEVER, speaking from experience, my high-school girlfriend and I were together for almost 5 years. Pretty much everyone in my high-school expected the two of us to get married and I THOUGHT she was the one. Long story short, we made it two weeks into college and broke up. Looking back, that was the best decision I ever made. I've come a long way from who I was then. I've had fun, I've gotten my heart broken a couple times, I've learned a lot and now 5-1/2 years later I've met the woman I truly DO want to spend the rest of my life with.

What I'm trying to say is people change, especially during the couple of years after high-school. Don't set yourself up to get hurt and don't sell yourself short...

"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

mauve66

true but ya never know WHO might be the right one for you, my wife and i had dated for less than 30 days when we got married, it'll be 21 years this May

if she makes it that far.................... :flame: :flame: :slap: from her
remember, your 2 different people and you WILL NOT always agree on everything, having an arguement/fight is one thing, not letting it go is another
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment