News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

window anti scratch guard??? Help!

Started by charge-it, April 07, 2009, 06:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

There are supposed to be two black plastic pieces that install on the inside of the rear side windows. I think they are called window anti scratch guards??? They are held on with two rubber coated metal clips. Apparently I'm missing the passenger side guard, and they are supposedly Charger only. Does anyone have a spare they can part with or know of a source for this part? My car was just painted this past Saturday and today we took it to the upholstery place to have the vinyl top and headliner installed. Pics will soon follow. Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide. My car is a triple black 1968 Dodge Charger.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

charge-it

Visit our new website:

Shakey

I know the pieces you are talking about.  I had to find mine in a junkyard.

Maybe post a pic here and it might jog some memories.

Corellian Corvette

I know exactly the part you're talking about. They are black plastic and clip the inside back of the rear window.

I had to find mine on ebay as well. They are not reproduced as far as I know.

charge-it

Here`s a few pics of the drivers side one I have. The passenger side one is missing in action, I need a pair or at least the passenger side one. Thanks!!!

Visit our new website:

ugly2u

Can anyone share a photo of these installed?

lasvegas69charg

does anyone have a pic of the plastic install. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Dino

Looks easy enough to repop if they are so hard to find.  Is it flat or near flat? 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lasvegas69charg

they are flat. I'm have them but don't know how they are installed.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dino

Quote from: twodko on June 27, 2012, 09:21:14 PM
Possible to fab up one?

Looks to be pretty straightforward.  The hardest part would be finding out what the material is if you want it 100% the same.  If it's flat then all you have to do is trace and cut, match bevels and apply some heat where and if needed.  I have no clue if I have them on mine, are they behind the inside rear window trim?  How long are they?  If I do have them and I can copy them I'll let you know.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lasvegas69charg

where are they installed at?  Are they installed inside the rear quarter panel?

Back N Black

lasvegas69charg

thank you.  I would of never figured that one out

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!