News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DC.com member's rides collage poster- any interest?- Send in/post pictures!

Started by 69bronzeT5, April 07, 2009, 02:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you buy one?

Yes
78 (49.4%)
No
10 (6.3%)
Have to see it first
68 (43%)
Other- please state
2 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 158

6pkrunner

Okay - we're back and ready to go. This time we'll narrow it down and see how far it flies.

1 - Send me a picture or send me a link where I can get it. I'm not going to go browsing 200 pages for images that the owners are no longer here or couldn't care less about a poster.

2- Please ensure the images are the best resolution you can muster. Its easy to throw away resolution, but impossible to create it. Well create it and make it seem real. CGI isn't the end all and be all.

3 - From the mail I've gotten in the earlier days of this the majority wanted Chargers on the poster. This isn't my call and it sort of is a pseudo-democracy. So Chargers it will be.

4 - the format for the images is a 3x5 ratio. So if you clip your car from bumper to bumper wheel to roof when reformatted it will loose about two feet off the front and the same on the rear. So let some surroundings into the picture. Again easier to crop and throw away than to create.

5 - Not that time is that critical, but the sooner I get images, the sooner it will be done. I'm off again in early October. It would be nice to have it done well before that.

Away we go.

So send your images or send me a link. I have deleted all of the prior attempt so its a clean slate.

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

36 Dodge Brothers

6pkrunner,

Do you prefer RAW, PSD, JPG or TIFF?

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 14, 2010, 11:05:42 AM
Okay - we're back and ready to go. This time we'll narrow it down and see how far it flies.

1 - Send me a picture or send me a link where I can get it. I'm not going to go browsing 200 pages for images that the owners are no longer here or couldn't care less about a poster.

2- Please ensure the images are the best resolution you can muster. Its easy to throw away resolution, but impossible to create it. Well create it and make it seem real. CGI isn't the end all and be all.

3 - From the mail I've gotten in the earlier days of this the majority wanted Chargers on the poster. This isn't my call and it sort of is a pseudo-democracy. So Chargers it will be.

4 - the format for the images is a 3x5 ratio. So if you clip your car from bumper to bumper wheel to roof when reformatted it will loose about two feet off the front and the same on the rear. So let some surroundings into the picture. Again easier to crop and throw away than to create.

5 - Not that time is that critical, but the sooner I get images, the sooner it will be done. I'm off again in early October. It would be nice to have it done well before that.

Away we go.

So send your images or send me a link. I have deleted all of the prior attempt so its a clean slate.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Dans 68

Quote from: 36 Dodge Brothers on August 14, 2010, 12:58:43 PM
6pkrunner,

Do you prefer RAW, PSD, JPG or TIFF?

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 14, 2010, 11:05:42 AM

Away we go.

Oh, you perfessionals photogs.... :brickwall:           :rofl:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

6pkrunner

Well tiff or jpg are the most versatile.

But let's get this rolling. I'm with Brock in the old Larry "Git 'er dun!" frame of mind. And whether we get 20 or 200 - so be it.

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 14, 2010, 02:24:16 PM
Well tiff or jpg are the most versatile.

But let's get this rolling. I'm with Brock in the old Larry "Git 'er dun!" frame of mind. And whether we get 20 or 200 - so be it.

Thanks for your reply. I just sent you the file.

Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 03, 2010, 11:02:43 AM
at your Convo. Bro.. Bon Voyage.. Where ya' off to?..
as to the poster -  I'll be happy with your best judgement my other three are awesome (still holding for those that said they wanted one but never got back to me to pay for the one they ordered or pick the damn things up BTW -  and that was like three yrs. ago too... :RantExplode: )  send me the cost/s  shipped to my house, and again I make the offer that if anyone local wants to go in... Dan Steve Frank or any other bay area guys or gals we can ship all ours togeather to save on the shipping costs,.. we can meet up at the island or "whatever" cruise eat BS and distribute... sound like a plan?.. let me know...  :icon_smile_wink:
Thanks so much for doing this!  :yesnod: as usuall I want the biggest laminated...

Don't forget about me.

Marco
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

Brock Samson

any chance of having them in hand and able to distribute them to the bay area members at the Sept. 11th cruise to santa cruz?..  :shruggy:

Dans 68

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2010, 04:41:58 PM
any chance of having them in hand and able to distribute them to the bay area members at the Sept. 11th cruise to santa cruz?..  :shruggy:

I figure about the same chance as actually making it to Santa Cruz on the 11th.  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan

6pkrunner

Quote from: 36 Dodge Brothers on August 15, 2010, 04:06:51 PM

Marco

Nothing showing up yet in the old inbox.

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2010, 04:41:58 PM

Completely depends on the promptness and number of responses Brock. If I have the images on hand - no problem. But if they come like the first attempt - do you want to see both cars from either side?

6pkrunner

Okay so I lied. I salvaged what I thought was appropriate from the previous attempt. So here is where it is right now. The center can be changed and more cars can be added if more submissions are made. Want your car on there? Send it in.

Brock - how long you wanna wait before press time?

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Troy on August 16, 2010, 09:41:42 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on August 16, 2010, 09:18:41 AM
Quote from: Troy on August 16, 2010, 09:09:54 AM
I guess I should give you the new logo... :D

Troy

The D is still crooked, Troy.
On this one?

Troy

Nope, that one & the shirts are fine, it was the one in the center of the poster that the "D" was off on.  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

6pkrunner

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 16, 2010, 10:23:14 AM

Nope, that one & the shirts are fine, it was the one in the center of the poster that the "D" was off on.  :2thumbs:

I snagged that from the homepage. :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

well, I would again suggest a nice burn out or historical  Pic. like these for the center square, but at this point I can only hope it's done.

36 Dodge Brothers

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 15, 2010, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: 36 Dodge Brothers on August 15, 2010, 04:06:51 PM

Marco

Nothing showing up yet in the old inbox.

I sent it to the email that you have under your profile. I wonder if it is becouse the file was a little larger than 9 mb! If you have not received it I will resend it tonight.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

6pkrunner

It must have got snagged by a server somewhere along the line. I think there are some that are 5mb limited. Resize and retry.

Or you could host it somewhere and I can snag it from there.

41husk

I sent a few to your email as well, but I have some better pics on the Mopad computer I will try to send tonight.  On another note do you have any Daytona advertising posters available?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Back N Black

I sent a few new ones on Sunday, not sure if you recieved them?

6pkrunner

Quote from: Back N Black on August 16, 2010, 02:02:43 PM
I sent a few new ones on Sunday, not sure if you recieved them?

Nothing in the inbox. Try the 5mb limit and see what happens.

Quote from: 41husk on August 16, 2010, 01:57:12 PM
I sent a few to your email as well, but I have some better pics on the Mopad computer I will try to send tonight.  On another note do you have any Daytona advertising posters available?

Got 'em.

41husk

Do you have any Daytona ad posters?  I remember seeing a schlitz bill board featuring a green Daytona.  ANything like that would be great!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

6pkrunner

Quote from: 41husk on August 17, 2010, 08:35:25 AM
Do you have any Daytona ad posters?  I remember seeing a schlitz bill board featuring a green Daytona.  ANything like that would be great!

I've got that one - and a few other non-ad images. Here's  four that were actual Dodge ads.

And some of the others