News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

mbm brakes

Started by chargerkid01, January 20, 2009, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Has anyone bought a front disc brake kit from mbm?? I got mine there and I think I'm missing a few things. Does anyone know if it was supose to have a pedal rod connector and a pedal mounting bracket??

Chatt69chgr

I think these are the guys out of Asheville, NC.  Is that right?  I have talked to them on the phone before and they were very helpful and knowledgeable.  I'd just call them.  Their retail arm is Pirate Jacks unless I am completely off base on who they are. 

chargerkid01

you are exactly right, I just can't seem to get ahold of them any pionters on who I need to talk to?

Chatt69chgr

I assume they are still in business.  Call the Asheville better business bureau or chamber of commerce and see if they can help you hook up with them. 

chargerkid01

I got ahold of them and I also got ahold of the ebay seller I bought them off of!! opefully  I hear back soon.

mopar0166

i was having an issue with the mbm kit as well , i was told to call joel at 800-261-415 x 120

mopar0166

im just getting a hard pedal and it sticks when it wants to return?  i also had to lower the hole on the pedal to accomadite the new master/booster linkage. I couldnt get it to work with out lowering the hole.  that includes trying to use the origanl linkage to the pedal?

chargerkid01

Yeah I still have to cut a hole in the firewall to lower the master cylinder. Did you use proportioning valves??
I'm going to see about maybe using my original proportioning valve cause the new one from mbm mounts on the master cylinder and mine originally was on the frame rail.

mopar0166

I made new lines to mount it on the frame rail.   I think mine just needs to be further adjusted.  when i cut out my firwall i needed more space above for the bracket and connecting arm so it would fit better.  but im having a issue to keeping the pedal from sticking about half way down. 

well i guess if it were easy everyone would be doing it.  for the money i dont think you can beat the setup.