News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who all has a side pass mirror????

Started by charger_cody, April 06, 2009, 07:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

put one on mine a few months ago  :yesnod: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

For my 69, I have the fancy remote style on the drivers side, and matching on passengers but with non remote. Both are original and the passengers is coded on the fender tag.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

68r/t

Quote from: G-man on April 07, 2009, 12:11:49 AM
I got a passenger mirror and

A: You can see fine out of it
B: You can see the cars comming up behind you in it (just like in a modern car)
C: It makes the car look even cause you dont have 1 side naked which looks odd

I suggest you get 1.

Did you have to install one to get the car registered being lhd in your state?

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 06, 2009, 10:07:03 PM
My Charger doesn't have the original door & there is no build sheet, so I have no way of knowing if it ever had one. I will put one on because I think a passenger side mirror looks good as it balances out the appearance. My Road Runner has one, but again, no build sheet & it was on there when I got the car so I don't know if it's original, but it's staying.  :coolgleamA:

i love that 70   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: 1BAD68 on April 06, 2009, 11:36:14 PM
Quote from: bull on April 06, 2009, 10:46:09 PM

BTW, if I'm seeing it right that drivers side mirror on your car is not a Charger mirror.

Thats right, both mirrors are from a Dart I believe.

That's what I figured but I couldn't quite make out the passenger side.

charger_cody

Well idk..... Did the GL have one??? Just curious.

Cody

moparstuart

I put one on mine off a duster works great is just the plain jane , pain to get it ajusted just right but see fine once i get the dam thing ajusted .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Neal_J

My 69 came from the factory the remote driver's side mirror but no passenger mirror.  I added a repop passenger side mirror for two reasons:  (1) my head is just used to checking two mirrors now from driving more modern cars, and (2) it looks more "balanced" - as others have said. 

A side note:  I really wish Dodge had made a remote passenger mirror ption. Adjusting the passenger mirror after the kids bump it is a always a bear.  A buddy of mine once had a Ranchero with a remote passenger mirror (where the toggle was in the dash). 

Neal

Ghoste

My car has the passenger mirror but even if it didn't I would likely add it.  I just like the symmetrical look of it.

charger_cody

well i dont want to add one and not like it.

And definately not after i paint it. That will just cause more work. :shruggy:

Cody

skip68

Do they go in the same spot on the passenger door ? 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kab69440

Quote from: Neal_J on April 07, 2009, 12:21:56 PM

A side note:  I really wish Dodge had made a remote passenger mirror ption. Adjusting the passenger mirror after the kids bump it is a always a bear.  A buddy of mine once had a Ranchero with a remote passenger mirror (where the toggle was in the dash). 

Neal

Select the passenger mirror you want to use, a remote driver's mirror (if you want a short actuator cable to install through the upper door pad) or a Cordoba (longest actuator cable I could find) passenger remote  (if you want a long, 'in the dash' style). The pieces inside the housing are a pain in the rear to mod, they don't like being swapped side-for-side. It can be done if you are persistent and are comfortable with a Dremel. The worst part is removing the cable ends from the die-cast piece on the swivel end without breaking it. It is a slow and painstaking process. Doing one mirror took me an entire Saturday, it is not for the faint of heart. The end result is well worth expending the effort for, though.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

charger_cody

Quote from: skip68 on April 07, 2009, 12:47:32 PM

Yes i do believe they do but i dont want to drill into my door.

Cody

Back N Black

What would be cool if some vendor repo the mirrors with a power option.

dodgecharger-fan

My 73 had one on the passenger side.

I loved it. Set properly, you could see very well.
I had the chrome sport, manual adjust on both sides.

Adjusting the passenger side can be a pain have a centre console. It's hard to reach over from the driver's side.
It was best if you had someone on the passenger side adjust it while you sat in the driver seat giving them directions.

Luckily, I never had to move it too much nor too often.

FLG

I usually have the passenger adjust mine as it tends to fall down slowly  :rotz:

Kinda odd sometimes when i need to reach over and i have a buddy sitting in the seat next to me, i always say something like "Relax, im not making a move on you i just need to adjust my mirror"  :rofl:

Belgium R/T -68

I will have one on mine, it not only balance out the car but also helps me when I drive in and out of my narrow garagedoor.
Cheaper to brake a mirror then repaint the whole pass side. ;)
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Fitz73Chrgr

None on ours, probably won't add one. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

richard pettys 73

I ACTUALLY HAVE A COUPLE PASS MIRRORS BUT I WONT BE ADDING THEM TO MY CAR.....UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECCESSARY TO  BE ON THE ROAD. :2thumbs:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

WingCharger

When I build my Daytona, eventually, I will add a passenger mirror if it doesn't have one. In fact, I will probably add one to all my cars in the future. They balance out the look of the car, and when you are looking head on, any non-experienced muscle car person doesn't go WTF with the single mirror. :lol:

tan top

can't really believe that these cars came with out them standard equiptment  :shruggy: ,  cost cutting , & getting the dosh back in options , maybe  :scratchchin:
how the hell do you see backing up tight to the passanger side , with out one  :shruggy:  , yeah you can judge sort of  but  :shruggy: :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

G-man

Quote from: 68r/t on April 07, 2009, 05:56:11 AM
Quote from: G-man on April 07, 2009, 12:11:49 AM
I got a passenger mirror and

A: You can see fine out of it
B: You can see the cars comming up behind you in it (just like in a modern car)
C: It makes the car look even cause you dont have 1 side naked which looks odd

I suggest you get 1.

Did you have to install one to get the car registered being lhd in your state?

Being a 68 charger (me living in australia) I did not have to get the pass mirror because the car is old enough and came without it. I chose to add it because it looks better, evens the car out, 1 side mirror 1 side no mirror looks odd but it also has helped and makes things safer as you can use it no problem.

I optioned for 2 mirrors from beaparts.com without remotes. I like everything manual.

Ghoste

Quote from: tan top on April 07, 2009, 05:25:05 PM
can't really believe that these cars came with out them standard equiptment  :shruggy: ,  cost cutting , & getting the dosh back in options , maybe  :scratchchin:
how the hell do you see backing up tight to the passanger side , with out one  :shruggy:  , yeah you can judge sort of  but  :shruggy: :Twocents:

It was just the era, a lot of things were optional then like radios, heaters and things we take for granted today.  Hell, it was only a couple of years prior that seat belts were an option.  Standard padded dashes were even somewhat new by the late 60's.

A383Wing

Quote from: Neal_J on April 07, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
My 69 came from the factory the remote driver's side mirror but no passenger mirror.  I added a repop passenger side mirror for two reasons:  (1) my head is just used to checking two mirrors now from driving more modern cars, and (2) it looks more "balanced" - as others have said. 

Neal

I have 2 mirrors here that are passenger side remote, just like the drivers side on our cars. Mirrors are from down under, aka Australia.... both have the short cable like our cars do on the drivers side....problem is our passenger door panels are not made for remote mirror levers.....not sure what the hell I'm gonna do with them....maybe I'll put 'em on ebay and get a fortune from them..all I gotta do is put the word "Hemi" in there and the price goes up.

A383Wing

Quote from: skip68 on April 07, 2009, 12:47:32 PM

No...they don't...it's in a different location so the driver can see the mirror....