News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

who all has a side pass mirror????

Started by charger_cody, April 06, 2009, 07:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

I really do not want to get one because it doesnt come with the car.

Cody

tommymac

Not I.Probably couldn't see much out of it anyway

1969chargerrtse

If I understand you right, I bought the driver side/pass side kit from PG Classics.  The pass side is almost useless.  I see the wonderful curve line of my rear 1/4 and that's about it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

richard pettys 73

I DONT HAVE NIETHER ON MY CAR RIGHT NOW AND WONT NEED THEM ANYWAYS  :icon_smile_big:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

FLG

Have mine...really dosnt help much but somewhat does because of the large C-Pillars. Id  get one because it DOES help a bit, also it makes the car look a bit better IMO.

bull

I wish RTPTRON would chime in here. He's got the only 2nd gen Charger with a non-remote passenger side mirror that's believed to be factory installed (1968).

Rallye

I have a passenger side mirror on mine.  It didn't originally come with one, but the car looks lopsided without it IMO.  :Twocents: 
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

69bronzeT5

The Charger will just have the driver's side. The Duster has just the driver's side but there's holes in the passenger door for a passenger mirror so I'll be getting a passenger side one too.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikesbbody

Quote from: Rallye on April 06, 2009, 09:34:37 PM
I have a passenger side mirror on mine.  It didn't originally come with one, but the car looks lopsided without it IMO.  :Twocents: 
I agree! 2 looks better than one imo I have both mirrors on mine.

charger_cody

I guess its all about if you want original or not. Because imo i think it should be left off, unless you have one factory made. Now i want to know why they didnt put them on there. :shruggy:

Cody

69*F5*SE

charger_cody

Brock Samson

Quote from: charger_cody on April 06, 2009, 09:58:47 PM
I guess its all about if you want original or not. Because imo i think it should be left off, unless you have one factory made. Now i want to know why they didnt put them on there. :shruggy:

Cody

like seat belts, back-up lights, refelectors, head rests and side markers it was regulated a few years later... I've wanted to get one for a few years now.. the correct style, but them things are expensive..  :P

Old Moparz

My Charger doesn't have the original door & there is no build sheet, so I have no way of knowing if it ever had one. I will put one on because I think a passenger side mirror looks good as it balances out the appearance. My Road Runner has one, but again, no build sheet & it was on there when I got the car so I don't know if it's original, but it's staying.  :coolgleamA:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

1BAD68

Quote from: bull on April 06, 2009, 09:29:39 PM
I wish RTPTRON would chime in here. He's got the only 2nd gen Charger with a non-remote passenger side mirror that's believed to be factory installed (1968).

are you sure?
When I bought my Charger it didn't have a pass. mirror but had holes for one.
How do you tell if it was factory or not, I dont have a buildsheet.

bull

Quote from: 1BAD68 on April 06, 2009, 10:09:46 PM

are you sure?

Okay, I didn't exlain it like I wanted. There are two different types of mirrors, actually three. There's the plain Jane non-remote mirror like yours and mine (pic 1) and then there's a fancier mirror that's remote on the drivers side (pic 3) and non-remote (but matching) on the passenger side (pic 2). As I understand it, if you got a passenger side mirror from the factory (on a 68 anyway) it was supposed to be a fancy non-remote while the drivers side was fancy remote. The plain Jane non-remote mirrors can be swapped side to side but if you only got a drivers side mirror you got the plain Jane one, however, Ron believes his came with two non-remote plain Jane mirrors which could be a one of a kind deal. Basically, if you have holes for a mirror on your car it should be a larger, non-remote mirror with a matching remote mirror on the drivers side. And I believe the info for mirrors is on the fender tag but I'm not positive.

Plain Jane non-remote:

Fancy non-remote:

Fancy remote:

Here's a 3+ year-old thread debating it: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7261.0.html

bull

Quote from: 1BAD68 on April 06, 2009, 10:09:46 PM

are you sure?

BTW, if I'm seeing it right that drivers side mirror on your car is not a Charger mirror.

A383Wing

I got the matching passenger mirror on all 3 Chargers...I think it looks better...but that's my opinion, consider the source

Manfred318

Mine doesnt have them, but I do think they look good. Kinda balances out the car. :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Sublime/Sixpack

Mine didn't come  with a passenger side mirror but I installed one because it helps me get close to the wall without hitting it when backing into the garage.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1BAD68

Quote from: bull on April 06, 2009, 10:46:09 PM

BTW, if I'm seeing it right that drivers side mirror on your car is not a Charger mirror.

Thats right, both mirrors are from a Dart I believe.

BROCK

My 70 has the drivers remote mirror only - build sheet confirmed.
I'll be keeping it stock.

My 72 has both in chrome - but I'll be swapping those to painted with
remote for both.  I'll be hotrodding this'n

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

skip68

I will be adding one on mine.  I wish it had one now.  :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

G-man

I got a passenger mirror and

A: You can see fine out of it
B: You can see the cars comming up behind you in it (just like in a modern car)
C: It makes the car look even cause you dont have 1 side naked which looks odd

I suggest you get 1.