News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar - Old School -New School

Started by Daytona Guy, April 06, 2009, 04:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I finally got them both together...

The color contrast cracks me up. All I need is a blue and a black car and you can call me an Ink Jet Printer.

What is interesting is that the old school Charger was a B body (platform) and the Challenger was an E body (platform) car and the 300 was an F Body (platform) car. Now they all three are the same platform and made on the same assembly line. How times have changed. The 70-74 Challengers was considered a "Pony" car, well, today's Challenger hardly a "pony" car in size.

These will be displayed together a shows this summer. My Daytona is a big car but next to my Challenger it does not look so big.

CB

this is a nice couple!!!  :drool5:
Thanks for sharing
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

skip68

:2thumbs:   Man, Dodge sure did good with the Challenger.   :drool5:  They are just flat out sweeeeeet.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger_cody

Man i cant wait to get my das cuda and my charger together to take pictures. Very nice cars. Must feel nice to be rich.  :hah: 

Cody

69bronzeT5

Great pictures and the cars look great Dane! :2thumbs: Seeing your lawn just inspired me to go out and try to cut mine :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69*F5*SE

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on April 06, 2009, 04:36:42 PM
I finally got them both together...

The color contrast cracks me up. All I need is a blue and a black car and you can call me an Ink Jet Printer.

What is interesting is that the old school Charger was a B body (platform) and the Challenger was an E body (platform) car and the 300 was an F Body (platform) car. Now they all three are the same platform and made on the same assembly line. How times have changed. The 70-74 Challengers was considered a "Pony" car, well, today's Challenger hardly a "pony" car in size.

These will be displayed together a shows this summer. My Daytona is a big car but next to my Challenger it does not look so big.

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:    nice stuff dane that yellow car is fantastic
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Nice set. Boy, I should have been a preacher. :lol:

Yup, the size is the first thing I noticed about the new Challenger. It looks small in pictures but it isn't small in person by any stretch.

Chargerless

Nice pair! Since your a guy I can say that  :icon_smile_big:
I really like the hemi stripe on the Challenger, is it dealer installed?

richard pettys 73

:popcrn: thanks for sharing those two they make a beautiful pair  :drool5: :drool5:  :2thumbs:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Chargerless on April 06, 2009, 08:38:01 PM

Yes, everything on the car is dealer installed and documented. The 70 retro stripe (my choice) is not a Chrysler product - but dealer installed the day the car came off the truck before I bought the car. 

I could have never found a 70-74 Challenger or Cuda for 30K in this great of condition with a HEMI – so hey – This was a great option! I have had more than on person say that I did a great job in restoring this Challenger - I just smile.

Thanks for the complements guys - I got this car at a deal of a price - It is sad to say but if it was not for this recession I would not have been able to afford it.  :shruggy:

Forza

Nice cars you got there! :cheers: They sure did one hell of a job on the new challengers! :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

Those both look great together! I need to get a Chally one of these days, that's all there is to it. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69charger2002

Quote from: Daytona Guy on April 07, 2009, 10:12:33 AM

Yes, everything on the car is dealer installed and documented. The 70 retro stripe (my choice) is not a Chrysler product - but dealer installed the day the car came off the truck before I bought the car. 

I could have never found a 70-74 Challenger or Cuda for 30K in this great of condition with a HEMI – so hey – This was a great option! I have had more than on person say that I did a great job in restoring this Challenger - I just smile.

Thanks for the complements guys - I got this car at a deal of a price - It is sad to say but if it was not for this recession I would not have been able to afford it.  :shruggy:

man those are sweet. now seriously, why did you have the dealer install it before it ever left? is this one of those hopeful future 2039 mopar stories in a magazine about how it was 1 of 1 dealer installed with this stripe yada yada? just wondering if that was the thinking behind having a dealership do it AND document it?
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on April 07, 2009, 02:03:29 PM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on April 07, 2009, 10:12:33 AM

man those are sweet. now seriously, why did you have the dealer install it before it ever left? is this one of those hopeful future 2039 mopar stories in a magazine about how it was 1 of 1 dealer installed with this stripe yada yada? just wondering if that was the thinking behind having a dealership do it AND document it?

It is just a history thing. I am keeping this car for a long time. This way the history is known and there is no guessing. Not a one of one thing. I think it is more significant if the dealer has it equipped and ready. They are putting out in the future a "classic" Challenger with retro striping (TA) style, and they might do my stripe as well in '10 or '11, and this way there is no mistaking things down the road. It also may never matter what so ever.  :rotz:

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN