News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pedal return

Started by sparkyscharger, February 15, 2009, 05:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkyscharger

I've been reading these boards for a while now. Now I've hit a spot in my restoration project where I really need some help.

I have no return in the brake pedal at all. It hits the floor and stays on the floor. To the best of my knowledge there is no return spring on the pedal itself, am I wrong?

Some background if it helps.
Car had 4 wheel power drum brakes. I completed the disc brake conversion outlined on mopar action. I used a brake booster and master cylinder for a 69 charger with front disc brakes. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

John_Kunkel

Not only are there two pretty stiff springs inside the MC but there's also a stout spring inside the booster, some B bodies do have a pedal spring but it's secondary to the ones in the MC and booster.

If the pedal goes to the floor you have a system problem in addition to the pedal return problem. I would disconnect the brake lines from the MC and determine why the pedal isn't returning before addressing the low pedal problem. Binding in the linkage or an over-center condition could explain the no return problem.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mopar0166

having the same issues after a new disc conversion and front end, also repleaced booster master cylinder.  i did take a spring off the oringal set up ,  does it in fact need a spring? :shruggy: