News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Used Viper or new Challenger

Started by Magnumcharger, April 05, 2009, 03:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whats preferable, a used Viper, or a new Challenger for the same dough (roughly)?

Buy a used Viper
29 (45.3%)
Buy a new Challenger
29 (45.3%)
By a bicycle
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Spike

Viper and if you ever get bored with it(doubt it) you can sell it and probably get a screaming deal on a used Challenger.

Foreman72

Quote from: Spike on April 12, 2009, 07:22:31 AM
Viper and if you ever get bored with it(doubt it) you can sell it and probably get a screaming deal on a used Challenger.

that is a good plan...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Charger666

Quote from: captnsim on April 05, 2009, 05:28:33 PM
Challenger...Fast, fun, comfortable, able to drive on real roads, and lower cost to own. It's new...some other dill weed hasn't over reved it or some such thing. Plus vipers are getting a little dated style wise.

Very true, I agree whole-heartedly.

New Challenger is the way to go!

Silver R/T

Personally I'd get classic Challenger 70 or 71. I'd love to pick up a Viper.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Magnumcharger

I guess it's time to sum this up.
Thanks to all of you who voted in the poll, and made comments in the blog. :2thumbs:
I see the vote is dead even...with six people giving the "green" alternative! :smilielol:

So, the plan is:
I'm going to buy a Challenger. Likely an SRT8, but I'm going to wait until the Plum Crazy purple becomes avaliable before I pounce, likely 2010.

Being a married man for over 25 years now, I try not to make purchases of this magnitude without consulting my wife. Seeing as how she makes more than me (for now!) it's the least I can do. And she did previously agree to a Challenger purchase, so that's what I'll stick to.
But....
We had an interesting conversation this past weekend:
As I've had my '68 Charger R/T for over 17 years now, it is first and foremost the item that should be dealt with. And seeing how AMD is now making such nice panels, we've decided to focus our efforts on completing the task at hand before jumping into another vehicle.
So basically, I have a year to get my Charger done before the Challenger comes out!

This task is compounded by the fact that as it sits right now, my Charger's body has been reconstructed from the crappy, thin panels that were the only option avaliable up to recently. These shitty panels are going to be cut off and replaced with proper gauge metal from AMD. This includes:
Both quarterpanels, the two-piece trunk floor, both front floorpans, trunk extensions, and the outer wheelhouses.
I'll likely buy the tailpanel and maybe even a set of front fenders too.
Oh, and Kori has agreed to rebuild my Hemi-fourspeed!

It's going to be an interesting summer! :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed