News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Fast and Furious

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, April 03, 2009, 02:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Best one yet!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Definitely a must see,lots of action,good plot,the return actors,etc.

Fitz73Chrgr

Good plot?  Wasn't expecting that...I was just going to go see it to watch the cars...guess I'll have to pay attention now!
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

mauve66

i just saw the cover of a mag at the store that said they crashed over 100 cars while making it, hopefully they were all ricers..................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mauve66 on April 03, 2009, 07:06:12 PM
i just saw the cover of a mag at the store that said they crashed over 100 cars while making it, hopefully they were all ricers..................

They wrecked an original big block 4spd '72 Torino GT, bent a '73 Camaro in half during a take screw-up and also accidentley crashed a Charger by accident...don't worry though, the Charger just needed a new front clip.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bk72

i forgot about it. i wanted to go see it today. now i feel stupid

gordo1968charger

i m taking my boys next week when it opens in the uk,looks good,plus it can t be any worse than tokyo drift.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

TheGhost

Quote from: gordo1968charger on April 04, 2009, 02:38:00 AM
i m taking my boys next week when it opens in the uk,looks good,plus it can t be any worse than tokyo drift.

That's like saying a woman can't be fatter than Rosie O'Donnel.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chargerboy69

Not sure if anyone else posted this but there was a great article in Hod Rod about the cars from F&F 4. They used 6 Chargers. One was just a shell without an engine. One of them had a 528 Mopar performance Hemi in it. The others all had small block Chevy crate motors with fake blowers sitting on top. The most expensive Charger they bought was $16,000. The others were a lot less money and needed a great deal of work.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TUFCAT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 03, 2009, 07:11:37 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on April 03, 2009, 07:06:12 PM

They wrecked an original big block 4spd '72 Torino GT, bent a '73 Camaro in half during a take screw-up and also accidentley crashed a Charger by accident...don't worry though, the Charger just needed a new front clip.

No such thing as a 1972 Torino GT (after 1971 the GT name was dropped and 'Gran" was added).

I didn't see the movie but it sounds like it might be a 1972 "Gran" Torino "Sport". The 1972 had the all new from the ground up body style completely different than the 70-71 models.

Regardless, a big block 4-speed 1972 Gran Torino Sport is rare ---- and worth a lot of $$$. (especially since the Clint Eastwood movie featured a '72 Gran Torino).

TruckDriver

I used to own one that looked just like that green one. Had the 351SCJ in it. It would do 130 easy before running out of rear end gear. :yesnod:

Another one I let get away ::) :icon_smile_dissapprove:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chargerrt

I saw the movie yesterday.  "Good" is an extreme overstatement for it.  That movie was a friggen turd, but then again I wasn't expecting much from Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, and the F&F Team.  It was the same as every other F&F movie...filled with a bunch of hothead racers speaking the worst written dialogue ever, guys spinning their tires for twenty seconds wahile waiting for the green light in a race (because you'll leave the line faster if you're already boiling the hides right?) and somehow still lifting the front wheels to the point of dragging the rear bumper.  I love how they total cars in the movie yet they are completely fixed and drivable only like 3 days later in the movie's timeline.   

elanmars

i thought it was stupid, ridiculous, way over the top fun, not as bad as part 2 but just on par with the first and third. i knew what i was getting into, expecting this movie to be a future addition to the criterion collection i didn't. forget about story, acting and dialogue when watching these movies, i just concentrate on the cars and certain shots. too bad so many cars got destroyed though but at the same time, this one had the most amount of badass american muscle, 50/50 with all the ricers. had some decent action and camera work, less horrible dialogue but just know what to expect, it's still a fast and furious movie.

the crowd was interesting, you had the yo-yo hey bro sup dogs type kids that are into the ricer cars and mustangs, you had the rednecks and thankfully, NO KIDS WITH THEIR CELLPHONES!! yay, didn't have to yell at any teens!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

FLG

Havent seen it yet but MAN i want some of those street tires that hook up like that  :brickwall:

Man can they not make it somewhat real??

Mike DC

QuoteI love how they total cars in the movie yet they are completely fixed and drivable only like 3 days later in the movie's timeline.

Writers have always found quick repairs to be more convenient for plot purposes.  But now these "overhaulin" type shows seem to have stamped these ludicrous rebuild timelines with legitimacy.

SFRT

saw it last night. dumb as hell and the race sequences where not interesting. oh well. the Charger looked pretty crappy,and I really hated how Vin sacrificed it and ended up in the F Bomb camaro ( wasnt that a HoT Rod magazine build car?)

I to want to live in a world where I can build and paint a wheelstanding Chevelle that can out handle a modern tuner car overnight in a shed with no tools or lights. MUST BE NICE.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

b5blue

I just saw it and loved it!!!Racing..Babes..Crashes..Babes..Stunts..Tuners getting smashed up..did I mention the Babes? What did you expect Gone with the wind? :smilielol:

Go Hogs Go

I enjoyed the movie. My wife and I just went for the cars. She was not happy about all the girl/girl scenes :slap: Overall it was worth the $7 bucks. The only thing I really have a problem with was the wheel stands. There was more american muscle in this movie than anyone before, and I was diggin' it.
Go Hogs!

mauve66

Quote from: b5blue on April 05, 2009, 04:01:12 PM
I.Babes...Babes.. Babes? 

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on April 05, 2009, 04:17:17 PM
all the girl/girl scenes

guess i'm going to the movies next weekend :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

richard pettys 73

WELL MY WIFE ENJOYED THE MOVIE  :drool5: OVER VIN DIESEL. BUT I FELT IT WAS AN ABSURD STORY LINE AND ALOT  OF NICE AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS IN THERE :Twocents:
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

lexxman

I saw it Friday night.It was good I like the fact there was more muscle cars in it.And I was surprised that there was a back story leading to Tokyo drift.The 76 Camaro with f-bomb on the fender I've seen that car before ,but I can't remember where.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: SFRT on April 05, 2009, 01:15:07 PM
the Charger looked pretty crappy,and I really hated how Vin sacrificed it

Does that mean they wrecked the Charger too?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

The Charger being lost, the F-bomb replacing it  . . . this stuff needs a "spoiler alert" guys . . .

BrianShaughnessy

Saw it the other night.       I was well entertained for my $7.    Weird that the last 2 movies I've seen at the theater involved green Torinos.

I woulda done the tall skinny chick first then told her she wasn't my type.    :yesnod: 

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Ghoste

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on April 05, 2009, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: SFRT on April 05, 2009, 01:15:07 PM
the Charger looked pretty crappy,and I really hated how Vin sacrificed it

Does that mean they wrecked the Charger too?

Could there be any doubt?

Mike DC

QuoteI woulda done the tall skinny chick first, then told her she wasn't my type.   

LOL