News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pulling my 1968 R/T Out Of The Pond

Started by GL#10, April 03, 2009, 12:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL#10

Hey

Well not me anyhow , this is my 1968 R/T used in the 2005 and 2007 Dukes of Hazzard Movie's , yes its a 1968 R/T  . They sunk it in a Pond on the Golden Oaks Disney
Ranch in California .

and again

In Action in the 2005 movie 

More pic to come

K.c

69bronzeT5

I still can't believe they did that to a '68 R/T :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GL#10

Some more pics

The thing is , it is a super solid charger ,why they used #10 for the pond scene i have no idea , when it left Baton Rouge for Los Angeles , it was a running driving GL, they repaired the damage from the Atlanta " Get Skinny scene and reused it for the big race scene at the end of the 2005 movie .

looking a little better

new rear quarters

Have fitted a spare movie fender from GL#5 and a trunk lid and passenger door from buck #4

K.c

GL#10

Here is a pic of three movie cars and my t.v series GL

SGL13
Plymouth Road Runner Race car
Ga state Patrol Crown vic (also used in Batman Begins)
GL #10 before the tear down .

K.c

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GL#10

Hey

They had three Plymouths , one (my one )was the road runner , the other two where satelite's  , they never built the third plymouth and cut up a fourth ,i have all the full quarters fenders etc  of that one .
The 2nd satelite did  the jump  . 

The road runner is fitted with a fresh 400 stroker motor .

K.c

68r/t

The thing is seeing that 68 sitting on the forklift looking all sad and unloved, that 40 odd years ago that car was sitting in a showroom as it's  extremely exited new owner drove it out of the lot and loved and cherished the car until they got sick of it.
If only that car could talk.

CB

Quote from: 68r/t on April 03, 2009, 08:19:08 AM
The thing is seeing the 68 sitting on the forklift looking all sad and unloved, that 40 odd years ago that car was sitting in a showroom as it's new extremely exited new owner drove it out of the lot and loved and cherished the car until they got sick of it.

she would cry and have suicide thoughts  :rotz:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

PocketThunder

Damn KC you're doing good with that so far, keep up the effort..

:2thumbs:

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: GL#10 on April 03, 2009, 12:56:59 AM
Hey

Well not me anyhow , this is my 1968 R/T used in the 2005 and 2007 Dukes of Hazzard Movie's , yes its a 1968 R/T  . They sunk it in a Pond on the Golden Oaks Disney
Ranch in California .

and again

In Action in the 2005 movie 

More pic to come

K.c

very sad ,  I have been seeing your avatar picture and thought that car had burnt .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

is this your car ? or one of the other ones ??  saw it last year at our local show ?

bull

KC, I looked back and didn't see any threads where you introduced yourself, maybe you could give us a bit of history on your collection. When a guy shows up out of the blue and starts talking about all the DOH cars he owns I at least am curious as to how you got so many and what connections you have.

BTW, you don't happen to own one of the cars seen in the thread below do you?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31648.0.html

RD

well i just noticed his car is parked next to JR's daytona clone stuart.. and we know JR has the GL that was ramped onto the highway.....hmmmmmmmmm is he to be a new member of the kansas mafia? time will tell....
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

Quote from: RD on April 03, 2009, 10:35:26 AM
well i just noticed his car is parked next to JR's daytona clone stuart.. and we know JR has the GL that was ramped onto the highway.....hmmmmmmmmm is he to be a new member of the kansas mafia? time will tell....
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  yeah i took that picture last year at cabela's

Charger_Fan

Quote from: moparstuart on April 03, 2009, 09:06:07 AM
very sad ,  I have been seeing your avatar picture and thought that car had burnt .
That's what I had thought, too...it even looks burnt on the forklift. :'(
Looks like you're doing a good job of bringing it back to life :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tan top

Quote from: 68r/t on April 03, 2009, 08:19:08 AM
The thing is seeing that 68 sitting on the forklift looking all sad and unloved, that 40 odd years ago that car was sitting in a showroom as it's  extremely exited new owner drove it out of the lot and loved and cherished the car until they got sick of it.

yeah i often think that , when i see mopars on cars in barns type sites :yesnod:

intresting pictures GL10  :yesnod: ,  thanks for sharing :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Awesome pictures, and a great story! I look forward to seeing this one progress!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

GL#10

KC, I looked back and didn't see any threads where you introduced yourself, maybe you could give us a bit of history on your collection. When a guy shows up out of the blue and starts talking about all the DOH cars he owns I at least am curious as to how you got so many and what connections you have.
Hey
Here is short version

I brought my first Tv series GL in may of 1997 , after finding out about the Dodge Charger Registry Deal in MCG ,i tracked down Wayne Wooten and went from there ,i had only just completed a replica in April .
Sold the first Tv series GL in 2001 WGL57 ,then purchased my 2nd one WGL76 , Sold it in 2005 and brought my 3rd tv series Gl SGL13 , it was not one of the " 17 Wayne got, it surfaced in 2000 in N.c  .

Like many here i grew up watching the show , told my folks as a 6yr old i wanted the BJ and the Bear Kenworth and trailer and wanted to haul the General Lee around it .
  I now have owned 3 screen Used Tv series GL's and one Movie GL  also in 2005 i brought the very first BJ and the bear Kenworth used in the tv series .
     Also  own  , the Peterbilt 379 used in the Patrick Swayze movie Blackdog ,and recently just purchased the only surviving stunt Truck GMC 4x4 from the Fall Guy .
BJ Mckay

Blackdog

The Fall Guy GMC

I am interested in tv shows that i grew up watching as a kid , and now having the means ,and be able to find them and buy them are a kids dream come true .

I have been posting on the cglfc for a few years , i know alot of the guys are on here as well , trav , corndogscharger,  kikgas01 , lostsheep , Mike ,just to name a few .

K.c

GL#10

Quote from: moparstuart on April 03, 2009, 09:31:32 AM
  is this your car ? or one of the other ones ??  saw it last year at our local show ?
Hey

No that one is not mine, that would be the one that did the jump , here is a pic of mine the day i brought it off Randy from MCG

K.c

mikepmcs

That Peterbilt rig is sweet!  I actually liked Black Dog as well. Didn't fair to well though at the cinema.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GL#10

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 03, 2009, 08:26:34 AM
Damn KC you're doing good with that so far, keep up the effort..

:2thumbs:

Paul

Hey

Thanks , i can't take all the credit for the body work ,i had help from  fellow member Corndogscharger   ,he  fitted the quarters and tackled some of the other nastys .

Alot of people at the auction of the movie cars thought it was burnt ,in a fire , its nothing but Hollywood rust , lots of brown rusty paint , this movie GL sold for $100 at the auction

I found out about the auction by chance , i was visiting with the Valuzat brothers in Newhall , (Valuzat brothers built the first 229 california General Lee's , they told me about the upcoming auction, right place right time .

Here is another pic of #10 before it left baton rougue for Los Angeles

K.c

GL#10

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 04, 2009, 05:52:09 AM
That Peterbilt rig is sweet!  I actually liked Black Dog as well. Didn't fair to well though at the cinema.

Hey

Yes your right about its run at the cinema , i just had to have the Pete ,  my truck is #4 of 4 used .

K.c

bsakal

I love that Fall Guy truck, I never missed an episode.  :2thumbs:
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

CornDogsCharger

When I get a little bit more time I will have to post a few pictures of the car while I was working on it.  Right now the car is stored away.  It won't be long before that car is back on the road again.  It has definately come A LONG way since it first showed up... MAN!  What a mess that car was.  It's really sad what was done to a real RT that was actually very solid.  I've also got the Fall Guy truck here too.  That thing is pretty cool.  There was a lot of hard work that went into that building that truck.  Pictures to come.... I don't have any on my laptop.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee