News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

octane supreme 130

Started by deathcharger71, November 16, 2005, 01:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

i picked up a bottle of this octane booster online. im on a jet boat forum and they claim this to be the only worthy octane booster...it contains real lead. 0.6 ounces per gallon boost the octane 2 real points. but it is EXPENSIVE like 20 bucks for a 32 ounce bottle. does anybody else have any hot tips of octane boosters. my engine requires 93 octane and here in california 91 is as high as it does  :rotz: ive used a couple octane boosters from pep boys that just made the charger run worse and ping like crazy....

Johnny SixPack

I've never used the stuff you're asking about, but I do use 104.

Works great so far.

The real test will be once the engine is rebuilt though.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Chryco Psycho

Lucas octane boost works well

deathcharger71

ive had good experiences with all the other lucas products so i was wondering if it would work well, good to hear it does  :yesnod:

Ghoste

I've heard good things about the Lucas stuff too but right now I'm still lucky enough to able to cross the border into Detroit and buy racing fuel at the pump.  It's a 40 minute trip one way, but the car likes it and it's a good excuse to get out for an afternoon.

deathcharger71

im trying to find a way to get some gas from the local airport, from what ive been told the small airplanes basically run car engines with multiple spark plugs so its completely safe for car's. maybe next time i take a trip out to laughlin ill get 50 or so galons of 100 octane haha just tow it back across the desert.

Runner

at 20 bucks a bottle, id be mixing race gas instead.        it smells better :icon_smile_big: .     higher octane fuel doesnt always mean more power.   the 383 in my roadrunner slowed down over a full tenth on race gase.   i guess the 8.9-1 compresion and 484 cam didnt want a slow burn. the motor just felt lazy

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

deathcharger71

yeah im running 10-1 compression and 4.90 lift so i think 91 octane is just a liiiittle bit too low, i wish california had 93 octane like other parts of the country  :icon_smile_angry:

cudaken

Death what is your over lap on the cam? You may very well be able to get by with 91 Octane. Over lap cuts down big time on static compression.

As far as AV gas, bought some last month at 3.89 a gallon and normaly gas was 3.29. Lowest AV gas I have seen is 100. You need to remember something as well. Planes fly at 4000 +, air is thinner, that makes then run leaner. That = spark knock. Used to fly and wing was not ftom a Daytona.

Cuda Ken
I am back

deathcharger71

cudaken

12.0 degress? What do you have in it, a broom stick with some knots on it? I just looked at 17 cam's specks and lowest I saw was 35 degress. I can get my with 91 octan unlsee I am beating on the Runner but my overlap is 76 degress.

Cuda Ken
I am back

deathcharger71

haha i dont really know much about the different cam specs and what they mean so ill just give it all to you...

lifter: hyd
cam specs @:0.050 lift
int lift: .0490
exh lft: .0490
lobe center: 107.0
valve overlap: 12.0
int duration: 226.0
exh duration: 226.0
timing: tdc

Doc74

Quote from: Ghoste on November 16, 2005, 05:10:26 AM
I've heard good things about the Lucas stuff too but right now I'm still lucky enough to able to cross the border into Detroit and buy racing fuel at the pump.  It's a 40 minute trip one way, but the car likes it and it's a good excuse to get out for an afternoon.

Hmmm which side of Detroit? Next year I'll be living some 40 minutes from Detroit too  :icon_smile_big:

When I drove the 68 here in Belgium it refused to take anything under 95 octane, it'd ping like crazy.98 was just fine.
But since I was installing LPG in it I had the valve seats hardened and since then it could run on the lowest octane fuel available which now is 93, back then 91 I think..
I hate the addons, not handy in a daily imo.

Ghoste

It's available all over the place in Detroit.  That just happens to be the nearest one to me.

cudaken

Far from being the brighest guy here but that sounds odd to me. Must have a hell of a ram rate. I will shut up now. Must be a smooth idle and be hell on the bottom end

Cuda Ken
I am back

deathcharger71

its an isky cam. idle is somewhat lopy and the power band starts at 2000 rpm....maybe its just a typo on the build sheet? im now curious to why my cam has an overlap that everyone thinks is rediculous.

cudaken

Quote from: deathcharger71 on November 17, 2005, 09:03:19 PM
its an isky cam. idle is somewhat lopy and the power band starts at 2000 rpm....maybe its just a typo on the build sheet? im now curious to why my cam has an overlap that everyone thinks is rediculous.

Death, I don't enough to say it is rediculous. Might be a good gustion to post about. Dennis from Reed Cam's is hanging around again.

Cuda Ken
I am back

68ChargerJMP