News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what would you do?

Started by RAWPWR, March 31, 2009, 07:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAWPWR

My son Scott from the MTV Real World, has been invited by Patrick Sheltra team (he drives a Charger)(Nationwide Series) to Talladega  from April 23-26 all expenses paid. He will be in the infield, meet drivers etc. Well I can go also woohoo. Now this is the dilemma:
1) April 25 is Little League opening day here in Massachusetts
2) My youngest (12yrs) is on my team the "Red Sox" and it's his last year at this level
3) I'm the manager of the my team the "Red Sox"
4) I'm the VP of the entire league
So what would you do?? :shruggy:

note: The real RED SOX have won 2 (two) World series so far  :nana:

Thanks for all the replies....I actually didn't think about it. My commitment is to my 12yrs, even though he said to go and it will be OK. I told Scott I'll go to the next one  :yesnod:
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

Magnumcharger

Send his mother to Talladega....
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

skip68

Sounds like your son Scott has gotten alot of attention lately. Maybe it's time for the 12 yr. old to have the spotlight on him!?!  Just my two cents here!  :Twocents: I'm sure you will make the right decision for your family!  :2thumbs:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

C_stripes

I would also go to the game. Chances are, the 12 yo may be a little envious off his older brother right now. Give him the attention. He probably deserves it anyway.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

bigcountry

Send the 12yr old with his bother and let him have one of the most memorable experiences of his life.  20 yrs from now I bet he don't remember this one single game, but I bet he'll remember a trip like that with his older brother forever.  You take care of your team and your league to which you made the commitment. "Take one for the team"  :2thumbs:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

richard pettys 73

i agree with big country he will definately remember the race if that is what he is in to
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mauve66

Quote from: bigcountry on March 31, 2009, 08:21:17 PM
Send the 12yr old with his bother and let him have one of the most memorable experiences of his life.  20 yrs from now I bet he don't remember this one single game, but I bet he'll remember a trip like that with his older brother forever.  You take care of your team and your league to which you made the commitment. "Take one for the team"  :2thumbs:
Quote from: richard pettys 73 on March 31, 2009, 08:27:09 PM
i agree with big country he will definately remember the race if that is what he is in to

i agree,
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mopar_nut_440_6

I would sit down with the boys and ask them how they feel about things. I am sure you already know but sometimes kids surprise you. Let them know how you feel and ask them what they think you should do? Perhaps they can make the decision for you. I have 5 boys, 20-8, 4 play sports and often I am at one game, my wife is at another, and we have one playing with nobody there. We often let the kids decide what we should do.
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

RAWPWR

It's been intresting seeing what different folks thoughts are on this, both here and at my baseball league. Bottom line is as Mrs.Skip68 and C_Stripes said, it's my 12yrs spotlight right now. Being a parent, means taking a back seat and making your children feel important. thanks all! at least this team drives a Charger!!!

400/6/PAC

That is a great opportunity, But Your team is Your team.
You can't let them down.

71ChallengeHer

I agree with everyone , it's time for your 12 yr old. I'm sure more opportunities will come up for Scott.  Shelby and I have been watching the show. And I must say you raised a fine, caring young man.  :2thumbs: And you showing up to pick up Scott , dressed like Chet.  :rofl: :rofl:

RAWPWR

Hey thanks 71ChallengeHer for the complement about Scott. It was a lot of fun to watch him on TV and see what his personality is when he's not around me. So you liked my "Chet" outfit? Yeah I was messing with Chet, I had met him before on Scott's birthday and he's another good kid, actually they all were very nice.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: RAWPWR on April 03, 2009, 09:48:39 AM
Hey thanks 71ChallengeHer for the complement about Scott. It was a lot of fun to watch him on TV and see what his personality is when he's not around me. So you liked my "Chet" outfit? Yeah I was messing with Chet, I had met him before on Scott's birthday and he's another good kid, actually they all were very nice.

Scott seemed like he really had his head together.  :2thumbs:  Shelby and I have been watching it. She loves the Real World. We don't get to spend a whole lot of time together, with her in college, work. I work 2 jobs. So, she asked me to watch it with her. And I enjoyed it .  :cheers:  Shelby and I both cracked up when you came in dressed like Chet. Too funny.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

RAWPWR

Wow, How God works in mysterious ways!  Not going to Talladega with my older son because of the commitment to my young son for baseball really was the correct decision.
We had a break-in two days before our opening day, and boy was I glad to be home to help with it with the other coaches. Wow! Anyway check out this link..
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/04/despite_theft_l.html

PS here is Scott at Talladega;

TeeWJay426

Quote from: RAWPWR on May 01, 2009, 09:55:40 AM
Wow, How God works in mysterious ways!  Not going to Talladega with my older son because of the commitment to my young son for baseball really was the correct decision.
We had a break-in two days before our opening day, and boy was I glad to be home to help with it with the other coaches. Wow! Anyway check out this link..
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/04/despite_theft_l.html

PS here is Scott at Talladega;

Small world.... I saw that story on the news the other day. Didn't realize you were practically in my backyard! I live just over the border in NH, but work in Andover. Good to see you guys will get your season underway as planned!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Neal_J

Good call, Coach.

Coach Neal

RAWPWR

thanks Coach Neil... :popcrn:
coach George :2thumbs:

RAWPWR