News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW... what's it weigh? A833

Started by 471_Magnum, March 31, 2009, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

How much does a B-body four speed weigh? Just looking for the gearbox and extension housing.

TIA
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

mopar_nut_440_6

I would expect them to weigh approximately 100 pounds. At least they seem that heavy when you are laying on your back trying to get them into place!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

471_Magnum

I've heard 125 from one source, but wanted a second opinion.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Dans 68

Last time I hefted one it seemed about a hundred or so. Definitely on the edge of a one-man lift (but then again, I'm 6'-1' with 230 lbs of rippling muscle  :icon_smile_wink:)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

375instroke

From BigBlockDart.com:
A-833=115#
Flywheel=35#
Clutch and steel bellhousing=65#

471_Magnum

I heaved mine up on the scale tonight (before I read this). 115 lbs is correct.

Ghoste

I'm assuming you sold it but someone wanted a shipping estimate?

471_Magnum

Sold on Ebay. Buyer didn't read the "local pick-up only".

If anyone cares, shipping weight in a crate is 155 lbs.... but I built a battleship of a crate.