News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Give me a parts list. WWCD? **Update on page 2**

Started by bull, September 07, 2005, 04:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

I saw that you suggested 9,5:1 CR Ron. Is´nt that VERY conservative?? Would´nt he be able to run at least 10:1 on pump gas, even with cast iron heads??
Just wondering, since that would live it up a little, and he is getting new pistons anyway. :icon_smile_question:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: suntech on March 31, 2009, 07:38:12 PM
I saw that you suggested 9,5:1 CR Ron. Is´nt that VERY conservative?? Would´nt he be able to run at least 10:1 on pump gas, even with cast iron heads??
Just wondering, since that would live it up a little, and he is getting new pistons anyway. :icon_smile_question:

Inmo, a 9.5:1 static compression ratio is safe for iron heads on a street build. You might be able to get away with a litlle more or you might not...why take the chance. The difference a 1/2 point compression would make is not noticable with that mild a build.  ;)

Now with closed chamber aluminum heads, flattop pistons at zero deck and .040 quench you can safely bump it up another point.  :2thumbs:

The Engle cam profiles do an excellent job at building cylinder pressure which equates to strong throttle response and torque. Once properly tuned and dialed in this will be a nice cruiser with lots of low end grunt and strong midrange power.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs