News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2009 Mississauaga parts plant Spring fling- May 31/2009

Started by 71_deputy, March 31, 2009, 07:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_deputy

1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

71green go

What show is this?........All years?.........where?
Thanks!

Dodge Don

Quote from: 71green go on March 31, 2009, 12:32:15 PM
What show is this?........All years?.........where?
Thanks!

It is the annual show at the Mississauga Chrysler Parts Plant in Mississauga Ontario Canada. Not sure if it is open to modern cars (for that you can go to any Walmart parking lot). About 100-150 Mopar/AMC muscle cars and parts swap meet.

maxwellwedge

Dodge Don - Is the Brampton plant having anything this year?

68 CHARGER R/T

i will find out tommorow. i know the people pretty well who hold the event. most likely there will be one  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Thanks - I like it when both shows are on - more reason to get the cars out!

Dodge Don

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 31, 2009, 07:49:54 PM
Dodge Don - Is the Brampton plant having anything this year?

Don't know yet. One of the guys in the club that runs it lives two doors down from me (he has a Chally R/T convert he is restoring), next time I see him out I'll ask.

68 CHARGER R/T

Its a go.may 31 is the show rain or shine. :)

Dodge Don

The show at the Brampton Assembly Plant is tentatively scheduled for June 14th

71_deputy

1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van

Ghoste

The Mississsauga show is May 30 and the Brampton one is June.

68 CHARGER R/T

GHOSTE the one in may usually happens to be on the sunday which is 31.

Dodge Don

How could figuring out two shows be so confusing  :smilielol:

I agree with John....the Mississauga show has always been on a Sunday.

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 10, 2009, 08:06:13 AM

don who's john .  this is rob   :shruggy:

Dodge Don

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on April 10, 2009, 08:33:57 AM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 10, 2009, 08:06:13 AM

don who's john .  this is rob   :shruggy:

Sorry...John is 71 Deputy

71_deputy

1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van

68 CHARGER R/T

sorry john,i thought don was replying to me . well the show is a go hope to see u guys there. mines not done yet hopefully next year  :'(

Ghoste

So we have a Don, a Rob, and a John (none of whom are related?) and two Mopar shows within the GTA.  One is at the Chrysler parts center in Mississauga and it used to always be on the last Sunday in May but this year it is May 30 which is a Saturday, and another one out at the Bramalea Assembly plant but it's on June 14.  Don, John, and Rob may or may not be at either or neither of these shows but they are both a great way to kick off the Mopar show season in Ontario.  Do I have it right now?  :-\

dodgecharger-fan

I think the Mississauga show is on the 31st... a Sunday - like always

As 68 Charger R/T said:
QuoteIts a go.may 31 is the show rain or shine.

I'm glad I found this thread because someone (*cough* deputy *cough*) posted it as May 25th - which is a Monday (and not the holiday Monday) and I asked if it should be the 24th as that would be the Sunday..

then I found this thread, and.... Hi, My name is Dave. Can you please tell me where I am?

:rofl:

:cheers: to Deputy Mac!!!

71_deputy

date is May 31/2009 for Miss. show

I have a flyer from them showing May 25/2009 on it!!!!!!--  guess the changed it!!!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van

Dodge Don

Quote from: Ghoste on April 11, 2009, 09:13:27 AM
So we have a Don, a Rob, and a John (none of whom are related?) and two Mopar shows within the GTA.  One is at the Chrysler parts center in Mississauga and it used to always be on the last Sunday in May but this year it is May 30 which is a Saturday, and another one out at the Bramalea Assembly plant but it's on June 14.  Don, John, and Rob may or may not be at either or neither of these shows but they are both a great way to kick off the Mopar show season in Ontario.  Do I have it right now?  :-\

The Mississauga show is May 31st isn't it????

I'll be going, likely with my two kids in tow. They look forward to them.....or perhaps they actually look forward to the tradition we have where we go to the shows and I buy them a toy when we are there  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Yes, apparently it is.  I was going by the original post when I put that up but the original has been corrected.

MISSISSAUGA- MAY 31

BRAMALEA tentatively- JUNE 14

subject to change  :lol:

maxwellwedge

Dodge Don

It's official,

the Spring Fling 2009 show at the Brampton Assembly Plant is Sunday June 14
Gates open at 9am.

maxwellwedge

Woo-Hoo!! - I love when both shows happen! .......What to bring?  :scratchchin:

Dodge Don

I'll be at the May 31st show at the Streetsville Parts Depot....likely be wearing a red "70 Charger Registry" shirt and will have my two sons (4 and 6) with me. If you see me say hello.

maxwellwedge

At the moment, I think I'll be bringing my 69 Swinger and my Bird - I'll look out for you.

68 CHARGER R/T

i'l be bringing my nefew and gf most likely be wearing a mopar performance hat, and mostly be hanging out with a black pro street hemi dart     :icon_smile_big:

Dodge Don

Show was okay (say 5 out of 10).. Cold though!! Not much of a vendor turn out. Alot of cars left around 1:30. 

I think my kids enjoyed the hot dogs more than the actual show.

Maxwell...was that your EW1 440 Superbird?

I only took a couple of pictures
http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=6201&highlight=

maxwellwedge

Nope - I had the Vitamin C one in the very first row. Bought a bunch of good parts but I agree - not too many vendors. I also agree on the weather. Dry but cold and windy - especially in the shade.

Johnnys440Charger

I unfortuntaly missed 99.9 % of the show.     :'(  :cryin: :( :bawling:   I showed up at the show @ 4:10pm.   There was a nice black 69 charger RT in the front parking lot and a few other nice mopars being trailered home.

I would love to see more pics, if someone has them.    :scratchchin:

moparforever

Quote from: 71_deputy on March 31, 2009, 07:09:35 AM
May 31st 9-3pm

corrected!

Hi, deputy, I noticed you have a deputy challenger, it says one of 2, why is it 1 of 2, I thought they made 18 big block deputy cars in 71

see here   http://www.dodgechallenger.co.uk/1971challenger_production_numbers.htm

Troy

Quote from: moparforever on June 02, 2009, 09:26:49 AM
Quote from: 71_deputy on March 31, 2009, 07:09:35 AM
May 31st 9-3pm

corrected!

Hi, deputy, I noticed you have a deputy challenger, it says one of 2, why is it 1 of 2, I thought they made 18 big block deputy cars in 71

see here   http://www.dodgechallenger.co.uk/1971challenger_production_numbers.htm
That link says 17 and splits it as 8 4 speed and 9 automatics. However... according to 71_deputy's CarDomain page his is a "383hp model with a 3 speed manual on the floor with a console". Definitely rare!

Troy

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 18, 2009, 05:58:21 PM
It's official,

the Spring Fling 2009 show at the Brampton Assembly Plant is Sunday June 14
Gates open at 9am.

Who's going and what are you bringing?

71_deputy

CORRECT!!  only two made with the 383 HP 3 speed on the floor- check the mag. article in the car domain pages.

they made none in '70 as per the numbers!!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
2000 1500 Ram Van

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Dodge Don

maxwellwedge

Weather is going to be great.....Wonder how many Fiat 124 and 128's are going to show up?  :scratchchin:  :smilielol:

Johnnys440Charger

Some pics from the Brampton Show

Johnnys440Charger

Part2