News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for info on the 17 General Lee's bought from Warner Brothers

Started by MoparMotel, March 30, 2009, 10:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kikgas01

Yep, K.c. has the only R/T and was in the bottom of the lake in doh the begenning. and there is another guy that has the one that did the courthouse jump. He has that running as well. There are quite a few movie cars running around. The buck car is getting done as well too.

doctor4766

Quote from: tan top on January 23, 2012, 06:39:43 AM
few years back  , there was an original charger from the show  ,  well was a WB general lee , but used more for publicity i believe , & had no screen time what so ever  ,  was originally green  might even been an R/T SE  but deffo was  a R/T four speed  ,  , it was bought by some chebby business man who repoped the first rear quarters or was going to for the second generation charger ,  anyways he bought this car  , just to jump it   ,  needless to say wrecked it pretty good  ,   think Hlpeg bought it  re-boddied it & sold to to some guy in Oz saying they repaired it !!  
there are a lot of threads about it on here  & even the jump video on youtube ,    some of the facts i've mentioned may not be quite correct , just trying to remember stuff ,  some of the GL charger Mob will be able to fill in the correct story ,  
 if indeed i'm thinking of the right one  

Quote from: kikgas01 on January 23, 2012, 07:56:04 AM
That was a GLE car. General Lee enterprise car. One that was taken around to car shows back in the 80`s.

Ok so today I saw a GL at a local car show. The owner has had it in Perth for just 2 months I think he said.
He bought if from a bloke in NZ a couple years ago and had been paying it off until recently.
He reckons it was just a promo car, but series era correct none the less.

Few things I spotted:

Had a tattered black interior with '70 front seats.
The panel above the glovebox was light tan with Schneiders "keep it between the ditches" on it and "NZ 2006" written on.
Had only the LHF marker blanked off.
No VIN tag on the dash or fender tag. (although he says he does have them)
No WB marking on the rear glass.
Had the ratchet system disabled on the park brake.
Very dull matt finish paint job.
The painted flag was in awesome shape and very nicely done but nowhere near new.
01 paint and GENERAL LEE text were very faded.
Had a four speed conversion with 383
The pushbar was wide and looked to be very cheaply made.
And though I couldn't see any undercarriage damage myself, the owner tells me his mechanic reckoned it looks as if it had been jumped at some stage.

Difficult to verify it's authenticity as a couple things there don't add up, but it may of course be just a promo car.
The owner told me that he does plan to leave the car mostly alone other than taking care of mechanical issues.

Hopefully some pics tomorrow.

Gotta love a '69

GL#10

Hey

On the Movie General Lee's  , i brought #4 #10  #17 and #18  , have since sold  #4 and #17 to friends , both  #10 and #18  where factory 1968 R/T charger's .

The halpag rebody GLE 69 4 speed General Lee ended up in Melbourne Australia , guy of coarse claimed it to be tv screen used , it never was , he was asking some insane amount of money for it , it appeared in the mag Unique cars down here  , black interior , reissued vectors , it was funny when you called about it , they guy would cuss you out if you asked for proof it was screen used in the television series .

K.c