News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hey, any computer artists in the group?

Started by Khyron, March 30, 2009, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

?????????

Need one or 2 graphics. Can someone help?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Khyron

Well, kinda hard to explain, I'm about to start a new computer business and was thinking about a logo, I would like a computer speeding down a road, but I would like it to kinda look like the scat pak logo... kinda a inside mopar joke ;)

I've sketched the computer...but everytime I try to get it on the computer it looks like poo :(

So the scat pack wheels

But the computer ... with the power cord and maybe mouse waving in the back hehehe

I think it would be awesome. and I would like to use them on business cards and such, I just cant get it nice enough.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Quote from: Khyron on March 30, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
Well, kinda hard to explain, I'm about to start a new computer business and was thinking about a logo, I would like a computer speeding down a road, but I would like it to kinda look like the scat pak logo... kinda a inside mopar joke ;)

I've sketched the computer...but everytime I try to get it on the computer it looks like poo :(

So the scat pack wheels

But the computer ... with the power cord and maybe mouse waving in the back hehehe

I think it would be awesome. and I would like to use them on business cards and such, I just cant get it nice enough.

Cool idea! I do stuff like this at work all the time. Give me a couple days and I'll have something for you.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Quote from: Khyron on March 30, 2009, 10:39:48 PM
Thanks a million :)

no problem at all. BTW, is there a file format you would prefer this to be, or can I just send you a PDF? Also, do you want a color version of this or just black and white?

Khyron

I would like maybe a photoshop file... Jpg or something like that, color or black and white would be fine.

Beggers can't be choosers ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bigcountry

Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

charger_cody

I too can doo stuff like this, except im trained too.

Matter in fact im in photoshop class right now.  :D 

If you want me to give it a shot then let me know. :cheers:

Dakota

charger_cody

The only reason why i do not think I would be able to do this is because that image is a copywrite. Cause your taking a part off of someone elses symbol.

Dakota

But i can try and make it better  :yesnod:

Khyron

I'm not saying cut and paste from the scat pak logo, I'm mearly using it as an example on how I want the wheels set. Obviously with the way Ma Mopar goes after people i wouldn't want to toy with their copywrite ;)

anyone is welcome to give it a try, I just figured I would see what people come up with to see if I like the look. If it works, I would be willing to pay the person that gets it done. I would never ask someone to use thier talents for free.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

charger_cody

Oh ya def.

But ya if you want me too ill try and throw something together I will.

Cody

Khyron

Quote from: charger_cody on March 31, 2009, 01:22:11 PM
Oh ya def.

But ya if you want me too ill try and throw something together I will.

Cody

sure, if your in class and want to practice with the idea, that's cool with me. I'm just looking for something I can put on cards, my store front, I don't know, anything that it works on. Just a nice professional logo.

I would rather give a fellow mopar guy some cash :)

Tell your class the Idea, make it a class project then keep the money for yourself :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

charger_cody

Hey man i dont ask for cash, im getting a grade for it...  :rofl:

But hey, its the least i could do for a fellow mopar buddy.  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Cody

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

I had a chance to scratch together some sketches during lunch today - I'll upload them later tonight. Got some errands to run this evening but I will do my best to get them uploaded here.

BTW not asking for cash here either....happy to do it.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Ok, here's what I came up with earlier today. It's a little rough but it's just a sketch. Feel free to expand on my idea!  :icon_smile_big:

captnsim

Hope you don't mind I resized it...nice work  :cheers:

KS71owner

no problem - I uploaded it in a hurry, didn't downsize it enough from Photoshop. Thanks

Khyron

HOLY CRAP! That's freaking AWSOME!

Can I have permission to use it? Also, anyway to get it a little cleaner. Like more digital so I can have that made on vinyl?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

LOL! I keep looking at it.. I love that MOUSE! LMAO!

I am so jealous of the talent you artists have!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Quote from: Khyron on March 31, 2009, 10:22:08 PM
HOLY CRAP! That's freaking AWSOME!

Can I have permission to use it? Also, anyway to get it a little cleaner. Like more digital so I can have that made on vinyl?

Glad you like it! Of course you can use it. All I ask is that if anyone asks who did it just send 'em my way.

Yeah, I can clean it up, no problem. I can also vectorize it to cut out of vinyl. Heck, if you tell me how big you want it I can even cut the vinyl for you....it is what I do to pay the bills after all.... :D As long as it's small (less than 2' x 2') I can cut it out of scrap material gratis.

It will take me a few days to clean it up for plotting, just because I have other projects in the fire too. I should be able to have it ready by the weekend though.

Khyron

Sounds awesome, it's like you jumped in my head and read my mind of what I was looking for.

PM me your information and I will order a few vinyl cuts as well! A few 1' x 1' would be great! Do you have a web site? I'll defiantly tell everyone that asks where I got it. If you could send me some in a format that I could have some others made locally I would appreciate it, never know what I will need at the last minute.

Are you sure you don't want any money for it?

also, in addition to the rendering that you just posted, could you do one also with some mean eyes on the monitor screen?

I will name him "Chip" and he will be mine... I gotta name that mouse also, hehehe He's sweet!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

PM sent.

I almost put the eyes on the monitor when I drew it but since the mouse had 'em I left them off. We're definitely on the same page!

Khyron

Like I said, you're in my brain heheheh. I'm planning on using this rendition, but I think when I have some tough case or when it's needed, the evil eye will be there :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

KS71owner

bigcountry

You could name them "Clik (the mouse) and Clack (the computer)" engine and computer sounds.  :smilielol:
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

charger_cody

Quote from: captnsim on March 31, 2009, 09:39:44 PM
Hope you don't mind I resized it...nice work  :cheers:

Mind if i put more on this?

I have a good idea.  :D

Cody

KS71owner

I don't mind, but it's Khyron's call...it's gonna be his logo after all.

Khyron

Sure, play away. But I have to admit Im in love with this one hehe, My wife thought that mouse was as hysterical as I did heheh

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Im no expert, but I was playing around ;)

Looking forward to your final version :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

That's cool!

Here's what I've got so far, I'm trying to thicken the linework a bit so it will be easier to cut the logo out of vinyl. I'm hoping I can still finish it this weekend.

Khyron

WOW! unbelievable!!!!!!!!

Those eyes are fantastic!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

hehehhh Click says thank you ;)

I love him heheheh

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

KS71owner

Ok, here is the first finished version. I added a couple of other minor details like the vents on the sides and the eyebrows on the mouse. I'll still need to vectorize it but that will be pretty easy at this point.

Let me know what you think!

Khyron

Thats fraking outstanding! Thanks a million. Just one question. on the original scetch you has the mouses eyes wide open. I thought it was funny like that can we just add that and we'll be all set!

Agai, Thanks for all your hard work!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

eheh nevermind, hows this???

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

KS71owner

Yeah that looks cool, but just remember that I can't cut the vinyl of all the color gradients. The b&w file I posted will be the source file for plotting. Nice work!

Khyron

Thanks, and yes, I saved the black and while for the vinyl. The color will be for business cards and the magnetic stickers for my work truck :thumbup:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

BTW: With the black and white you posted, will that work to have some local place cut as well?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Wow, That's pretty cool. I'm always amazed at what you graphics people can do with photoshop. I have it and have hard enough time adding text to a pic.  :brickwall:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

KS71owner

Quote from: Khyron on April 05, 2009, 06:36:52 PM
BTW: With the black and white you posted, will that work to have some local place cut as well?

Once I vectorize it, I will send you a file in the correct format that you can take to any shop that cuts graphics and they should be able to cut it for you. I should be able to send it to you sometime this week.

SuperCharger

:o nicely done that looks great. You think you might be interested in helping design a mopar tattoo for me?

Green71R/T

That is one hot logo.I wish I had Talent like that.A few years ago I commisioned my niece to come up with with a logo for my towing company but althougth artistically inclined she could not see my vision(a dragon with a car on it's tail).It takes talent to know what the client wants and put it on paper.

Khyron

Quote from: KS71owner on April 05, 2009, 07:33:49 PM
Once I vectorize it, I will send you a file in the correct format that you can take to any shop that cuts graphics and they should be able to cut it for you. I should be able to send it to you sometime this week.

sweet, thanks bro!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Quote from: SuperCharger on April 05, 2009, 07:45:01 PM
:o nicely done that looks great. You think you might be interested in helping design a mopar tattoo for me?

What did you have in mind?

KS71owner

Quote from: Green71R/T on April 05, 2009, 09:14:06 PM
That is one hot logo.I wish I had Talent like that.A few years ago I commisioned my niece to come up with with a logo for my towing company but althougth artistically inclined she could not see my vision(a dragon with a car on it's tail).It takes talent to know what the client wants and put it on paper.

Thanks!

I've done a few dragons for people myself. I did one setup for a friend of mine with a tribal-style dragon graphic for her bike. Dragons are fun to draw, but there are a LOT of different ways to do them.

WingCharger

SuperCharger

Quote from: KS71owner on April 06, 2009, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: SuperCharger on April 05, 2009, 07:45:01 PM

What did you have in mind?
I'd like to get the logo off the drag package challenger on my shoulder. basically the Big "M" and the "Mopar" logo off the side with that blue water? I guess it is? kinda bursting out from the logo it only has to be a circle as it will go right on the round part of my shoulder.

KS71owner

That shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I may be able to find the actual graphics via a little searching through my work sources. I'll see what I can find and/or come up with.

SuperCharger

Quote from: KS71owner on April 06, 2009, 11:02:05 PM
That shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I may be able to find the actual graphics via a little searching through my work sources. I'll see what I can find and/or come up with.
awesome. just gimme a shout if you want any compensation for you hard work I'd be more then willing to pay.

bigred68

KS71owner

I did some searching today at work, and I had no problem finding the mopar logo so if I can't find this actual artwork at least I have a good place to start.  :2thumbs:

SuperCharger

Quote from: KS71owner on April 07, 2009, 10:28:05 PM
I did some searching today at work, and I had no problem finding the mopar logo so if I can't find this actual artwork at least I have a good place to start.  :2thumbs:
awesome by artwork you mean the m? Or the graphic behind it? The big m by itself would be great to. I don't necessarily need the mopar in there just the m

KS71owner

Quote from: SuperCharger on April 07, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
Quote from: KS71owner on April 07, 2009, 10:28:05 PM
awesome by artwork you mean the m? Or the graphic behind it? The big m by itself would be great to. I don't necessarily need the mopar in there just the m

I meant just the circular M. The "mopar" copy I think I have too, but it might be slightly different. Not a big deal, it won't be hard to replicate. The toughest part will be the water splash.

KS71owner

Sorry for the delay, I just got back from house-and-dogsitting for my mom for a week so I'm a little behind. Khyron, I vectorized your logo at work this week, and I will run a test cut of it on Monday or Tuesday to check for quality. If I don't run into any issues I'll send you the file by then. If it needs any cleanup I should be able to take care of that pretty quickly.

BTW, what color vinyl do you want the logo cut from?

Khyron

Quote from: KS71owner on April 11, 2009, 12:12:33 PM
Sorry for the delay, I just got back from house-and-dogsitting for my mom for a week so I'm a little behind. Khyron, I vectorized your logo at work this week, and I will run a test cut of it on Monday or Tuesday to check for quality. If I don't run into any issues I'll send you the file by then. If it needs any cleanup I should be able to take care of that pretty quickly.

I said it before, I'll say it again, you are the man!

White would be fine, any other colors you have laying around will work fine as well :thumbup:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Quote from: Khyron on April 11, 2009, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: KS71owner on April 11, 2009, 12:12:33 PM

I said it before, I'll say it again, you are the man!

White would be fine, any other colors you have laying around will work fine as well :thumbup:

No problem. I'll cut one or two in white and I'll see what other scrap colors I have lying around.

KS71owner

Ok, new update! Sorry for the delay.

Test cut went pretty well, there are a few really thin strokes I think we should thicken up just a bit to make sure the graphics hold up well. A little adjusting and we should be good.

Here's a photo of the first test cut, this one measures about 9" tall x 12" wide.

runningman

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.