News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 shifter hook up

Started by RECHRGD, March 29, 2009, 09:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

I've got my new CRT 727 installed and hooked up to my T/A cheeta shifter.  When installing the shifter cable, the shifter was in the park position.  I put the tranny solidly in park and adjusted the cable hook up accordingly.  All seemed well.  All the gears engaged properly and worked fine on the jack stands.  I then decided to 'fine tune' the installation by adjusting the cable to be right on in the drive (3) position.  It took about three turns on the adjusting rod to accomplish this.  After doing that, park would not engage and also the safety switch would not let the car start in park.  I readjusted it back as it was and all seems fine again.  Question----Am I at risk for problems if the tranny shift lever is a little off the mark?  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

As long as all gears engage properly it will be fine.  :2thumbs:

Most aftermarket shifter gear indicators are a little bit "off"  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

RECHRGD

Thanks Ron!  Better safe than sorry.  I've had too many trannys in that car over the years.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32