News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Belv Wagon - Stuck rear glass??

Started by fatboy, March 28, 2009, 07:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

Just bought a 67 belvedere wagon. The back glass is stuck half way up. It's an electric window. You can't open the back door without the glass all the way down. Anyone know how to manually pull it down?

Thanks

bull

This isn't the exact model but according to the '68 repair manual on the Coronet tail gate windows the binding may be due to the glass coming out of the run channels. I would not try to force it or "manually" move the glass until you've taken it apart to have a look-see at what's causing it to stick. Is there an access panel on the inside of the door you can open up? If there's no mechanical binding you can assume it's the elec. motor. Some models have wipers inside the gate that can bind too. You're probably about due for some new blades anyway so once you get the glass down I'd tear it apart and make some adjustments. :icon_smile_big:

fatboy

Thanks for the info.
The guy I bought if from said it was broke half way down. I just put a battery in it and it went down fine. It stopped halfway up because it was binding on the rubber gasket. I straightened it out and it works fine. Must be my lucky day.......