News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a Charger [UPDATE]

Started by terrible one, March 26, 2009, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Funny, my last spring break trip to Utah I happened upon a minty '70 Charger (if anyone remembers the thread) and a year later, now on spring break in South Lake Tahoe, CA I found another! It's a 383 column shift car . . . not sure on original paint but the interior was red which was pretty cool. I tried to talk to the guy about it but he literally said no more than one word to me so I said  what the heck and took some pictures and left. There was a '73 or '74 Duster there too. I got pictures of it as well but my camera decided to die and of course I didn't bring the charger.

Rolling_Thunder

thats the exact one i mentioned in your other thread!   that thing has been there for like 10+ years   :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

terrible one

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 27, 2009, 12:28:34 AM
thats the exact one i mentioned in your other thread!   that thing has been there for like 10+ years   :icon_smile_big:

Hahaha that's awesome man. Small world! :cheers: Truthfully I hadn't even noticed the reply of yours in the other thread since I hadn't checked it yet before I found the car, or I would have been looking for it!

1969chargerrtse

What is it with rude car people? :shruggy:  When people act rude like that, I can't leave fast enough.  Life's to short for rude people.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

terrible one

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on March 27, 2009, 05:27:27 AM
What is it with rude car people? :shruggy:  When people act rude like that, I can't leave fast enough.  Life's to short for rude people.

You're telling me man. What a disappointment that was. I was kicking it around the car waiting for the guy to  pull up (had a be right back sign on the door) and once he did, I addressed him and told him I was admiring the Charger, and before I could say anything else he walked right by me and through the door and mumbled an "okay." And I wanted to talk Chargers!  :shruggy:

Charger_Fan

You should have opened the door & sat on the seat...THEN he would have said something to you. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BLUE68RT4ME

I drove mine to the bank once and while I was inside talking to one of the tellers this kid about 19 years old walked in and yelled out "Whose Charger is that?"  I whipped around thinking something was wrong.  I said that it was mine and he replied, "Do you mind if I take some pictures of it?"  I was totally taken aback.  This kid was so excited.  It was cool.  I know there are some real jerks out there, and one is probably going to read this as he's been watching all my posts for some reason, but there are still a lot of cool people that appreciate cars and I'm always willing to take a few moments and talk shop.   :icon_smile_big:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

skip68

There is a older gas/service station up there that has a few old cars that have been there for a long time.  That Charger looks like one of them.  I can't remember, but I think it was on HWY 50 and South Lake Tahoe.   :shruggy: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

terrible one

Quote from: skip68 on March 27, 2009, 05:04:19 PM
There is a older gas/service station up there that has a few old cars that have been there for a long time.  That Charger looks like one of them.  I can't remember, but I think it was on HWY 50 and South Lake Tahoe.   :shruggy: 

Yep you're thinking the right place. It's called Rummel Auto or something like that. . . probably 20-25 cars on the lot, lots of them 50's cars. On HWY 50.

Neal_J

As of last weekend, the Charger is still there. 

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Neal_J on February 07, 2011, 12:43:57 PM

And it will be there for the next 10yrs to. My sister lives in south lake and said the guy who owns the place is known as a pita so don't feel to bad about how he treated you.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

terrible one

Well, I guess the guy finally decided to put some work in, slap it together and sell it. Definitely the same car, at the same place, on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-383-727-Rust-Free-CA-Black-Plate-/140606837105?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20bcd21171  

71charger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 07, 2011, 05:24:08 PM

And it will be there for the next 10yrs to. My sister lives in south lake and said the guy who owns the place is known as a pita so don't feel to bad about how he treated you.

Pita??
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

terrible one

Quote from: 71charger on September 17, 2011, 01:54:48 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 07, 2011, 05:24:08 PM

Pita??

Pain In the ass

GordonGriggs

Ive dealt with a few rude charger owner's over the years. But most of them changed their attitude when I pulled out $100 bills asking if the car was for sale.

Rolling_Thunder

Well - at least he put some work into it and realized it's just sitting...        plenty of other people won't even do that much.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

terrible one

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on September 17, 2011, 03:02:55 PM
Well - at least he put some work into it and realized it's just sitting...        plenty of other people won't even do that much.

Heard that, I was hoping you would see this, remembering you knew about this one and it's sitting for over a decade  :2thumbs: It's a cool car and looks like a good project no doubt, I love that red interior.

Lennard

has undergone the equivilent of a frame off restoration.

:scratchchin: Opinions may vary.