News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fender tag

Started by RR70, March 26, 2009, 05:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RR70

Anyone know what a fender tag with only a P and an H on it and then stamped, lightly, from the front instead, compared with the other 2 letters,  an S means????

Pix available
Thanx,  Rod

69CoronetRT

It sounds like you a describing a 71-73 Lynch Road inspection tag.

Does it look like this?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

RR70

Yes, similar but for a change in a couple letters. Why are some stamped from the back and some from the front? What type of inspection? What do the letters P,S, and H mean?

Thanx for your help!

Is this thing worth anything?

Rod

69CoronetRT

Quote from: RR70 on March 27, 2009, 04:41:42 PM
Yes, similar but for a change in a couple letters.

Why are some stamped from the back and some from the front?No special reason. They are just an inspection stamp meaning that somebody looked at something during the construction of the car and stamped the tag. It didn't matter which way they stamped it

What type of inspection? Unknown AFAIK. Could be anything; paint, interior,  :shruggy:

What do the letters P,S, and H mean?Unknown AFAIK. I doubt they have any special meaning as you may find three different letters on another tag.

Is this thing worth anything?Yes, but only to the person that owns the car. That's the tag that came with the car. Why not keep it with the car? Otherwise no. It has no value.

:popcrn:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.