News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey Everyone! Long Time No See! (My 71 R/T Progress Pics!)

Started by Goldfinger71, March 25, 2009, 10:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Hello everyone!

It has been a LONG time since I have posted! I have been through alot! Downsizing,loss of family members just to name a few!On the brite side, I am now enaged and in the process of building our first home!

I also got a job as a manager of a local auto parts store,so things are now back on the upswing!

I came close to selling Goldfinger a few times,but luckily I never did so!The guy I bought the car from years back hunted me down and offered to buy the car back but I held off!
Here are a few pics of the newly installed front end,most of the front clip had been off the car a year or longer as we concentrated on doing things with the engine compartment,etc.

With the front end back on I gotta say the 71 R/T's are some bad Mutha's! :coolgleamA:

It would figure that a few parts got misplaced along the way! ;)

Anybody got a front sidemarker cover?..Not the lense but the pot metal surround? I had it a few weeks ago but the Gremlins took it!

Let me know what you guys think!
Man,it's good to be back!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Ghoste

Good to have you back.  Good to see progress on the car too; any chance of the gremlins bringing the lens surround back?

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Goldfinger71

Goldfinger71

Goldfinger71

Goldfinger71

69bronzeT5

Welcome back! Congrats on the job and getting engaged :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

Great progress! I am IN LOVE with those gold Cragars man! You are painting the car gold, right? That will absolutely make the car!

Charger_Fan

Wow, I haven't seen gold Cragers since the 80's. That's cool. :coolgleamA:

Welcome back. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikesbbody

Great to have you back  :cheers: and your right Goldfinger's a bad looking mutha!  :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

She's coming along... Good to see you back... Glad you didn't sell....... It sucks.. I had to sell my survivor and I really miss her... Going back Gold?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ6N96

GF71,

I can help you out the side marker light housing!  I own a 71 Superbee and I have a few setting in a drawer in the garage.  Do you need both sides?

Thanks,
FJ6N96

plum500

Looking good! Good to hear things turn around. And DAMMIT MAN those Cragars with the gold spokes KICK ASS!!  :2thumbs:

charger_cody

Congrats man on the engagement, and beautifull car. But be carefull because i have heard many cases where the couple breaks up and the wife wins the car.  :'(

More pics coming?

Cody

73TXRallye440

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

vert

What a coincidence.  I was thinking about dropping you an email last night just to make sure you were still ok and hanging on to the car.    Glad things are looking up.  Life gives us the occasional curve ball.  Keep swinging at 'em.
-Vert

Goldfinger71

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

FJ6N96 How much? Do you have a set of GOOD hood hinges as well?

Cody-Not worrried about my woman,she has gotten me Jegs and Legendary Interiors gift certificates for a number of years now! Plus when I was going to seel it she was stern about me not doing so becuase she knows how much I like the car,plus she wants to ride in it! :coolgleamA:

Yes I am going back Gold everyone! We have already painted the engine compartment back to that color,and I must say it doesn't look bad! In the sun the color actually sometimes can change color on ya! :yesnod:

I need one mor Gold Cragar(15x6) to complete the set! All of then are NOS that I bought off Ebay a few years back from two different sellers.Anybody know where one is?
:shruggy:

P.S Also last but not least,if anybody has any leads on a 71 R/T door let me know!After spending serious cash years ago on these from a fellow member here,we blasted the doors only to find the drivers door was VERY BADLY damaged to the point we had to make a whole new door line! :icon_smile_angry: And one of the gills is BADLY damaged as well to the point we would have to cut it out and hammer it from the inside! :flame:
The door is pure crap! The passenger door however is fine!

More pics soon!

FJ6N96

GF71,

So you're looking driver's door for a 71 R/T, ouch.  Not the easiest thing to find in any shape.  I think I can help but I don't make any promises.  I'll get back to you.  I think I can also get the hood hinges too, but I'm not 100% sure.

20 bucks for the pair.

FJ6N96

1969chargerrtse

Sorry for all the sad stuff that had you away, but boy did you turn things around.  That's great that you were able to hold on to the car.  Looking forward to more pictures as you get it together.   :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on March 26, 2009, 10:23:18 PM

I need one mor Gold Cragar(15x6) to complete the set! All of then are NOS that I bought off Ebay a few years back from two different sellers.Anybody know where one is?
:shruggy:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

I know there are a guy around who had same wheels on his 71. but dunno whats the status of those wheels right now. Of course we are talking about Venezuela soooo
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html