News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new fenders(( has anyone tried them yet?))

Started by my1st68charger, March 25, 2009, 09:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my1st68charger

Hello everyone i have 68 charger i bought 3 yrs ago, its a slow process but its coming.I want to find out about the new fenders you can get ,how do they fit and how the lines match up . ,or am i better to try to repair my old one but its really rough.Any info would be great,thanks.

69*F5*SE

Welcome to the site.  There's few guys here that have the new AMD fenders maybe they'll chime in.  If you've got pictures....post up. 

my1st68charger

In a week or so ill get some pics up of my car i would like everyone to see them and give me some feedback on them im doing all my own work ,,welding,fixing all the mistakes the last owners did ,new frame rails ,floor ,etc .Now im working on my one good right fender but i might have to find a left one .

gasoline_24

I have them on mine and they look great.  The driver's side had a couple of issues, but they were easily fixed.  The marker light was off a little and the leading edge where the hood meets was off a little.  The passenger side was perfect.  I think the driver's side just was off a little when it was stamped.

Brock Samson

Welcome to the site, the search function will provide you with a few threads regarding new members who have installed them...

try "AMD" and/or "Fenders"...

Brock Samson

sure enough,.. typing AMF fenders into the search box gave me two pages of threads.. in about three seconds..
imajine that!  :shruggy:

Corellian Corvette

Awesome. My painter said they are among the best repro sheetmetal he's ever seen.

That said - they DO require some fitting. In my case, there were a couple issues all related to FINAL fitament (all minor, esp. relative to working on used originals) but DEFINATLEY take the time to pre-fit.

1. Where the sheetmetal bends to form the lip of the fender at the top of the door/cowl area, the metal was pointed vs. being rounded on the original. We had to grind this down smooth (about 5 min work)
2. There were no holes for the Pentastar logo or for the antenna on the passenger fender. These need to be cut/drilled yourself.
3. The area on the front "C" corners of the fenders (where the grille/headlight buckets are) was a little wavier than the original panel and required a tad bit of filler to smooth out.
4. For some reason (and this just may be my car) the top rear fender to cowl stud hole (where the stud holds the fender down right under the hood) did not line up on my passenger side. It did on the drivers side, but we had to elongate the hole on the passenger one.

Again, that's the TOTALITY of the issues we faced with the fenders. There were two minor issues with the hood (again, really really minor stuff), so I can't say enough good things about the AMD parts.

my1st68charger

Cool, from the looks of it ,i think i'm goin to look into AMD fenders ,i only need the driver side so it works out good for me that way .I dont have too much knowledge about computers and digital cameras but as soon as i can ill have all kinds of pics .At this point in time my car looks something like (gasoline_24's)car,but with high solilds grey primer ,viynal wash etc ,it seems like forever,thats why i might bite the bullit and buy a new one.

th