News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

parts rooms/ parts on the wall

Started by mauve66, March 25, 2009, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

has anybody ever used "extra" parts or nostaglia parts to decorate a room or make furniture??

when my son was into NASCAR and i was trying to get him into drag racing i got some used slicks (free, they were throwing them away) and made a table out of them, has tempered glass on top and plywood with rollers on the bottom
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

The only parts on the wall in the garage currently for decoration are a 68 Road Runner 383 pie pan, a 69 Super Bee grille, a 69 Super Bee taillight panel, a 68 Barracuda steering wheel, and part of a 1/4 panel for a 69 Swinger.  The beer fridge has an old aftermarket steering wheel for a handle and that's most of it.  There are a lot of other useless and broken parts laying around for atmosphere but those are the ones on the wall.
I had an apartment once where I had pistons for some of the doorknobs.

bigcountry

I did the exact same thing for one of my Buddies son, but with off road tires. :2thumbs:

We also cut a section of tread off and looped it together, made a roller and used thick brown paint to make muddy tracks up the wall.
Cut to size, Beat to fit, Paint to match.

Charger_Fan

I admit it, I have car parts as decorative features in the house. :wave: I haven't made a table from tires yet, though. One of these days, I want to make one of these... :2thumbs:

This wheel table would be easy to make...

And a crank lamp would be nice too. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Foreman72

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 26, 2009, 02:48:44 PM
I admit it, I have car parts as decorative features in the house. :wave: I haven't made a table from tires yet, though. One of these days, I want to make one of these... :2thumbs:

THOSE ARE AWESOME :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

GT

I made this by putting red rope light behing the grill from my 99 Ram.  :coolgleamA:

1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

chargerkid01

I took my extra tail light panel from 69 charger and hung it up in the garage.

WingCharger

My bro has a set of 2wd Dodge Ram Cummins motor mounts that he can't use. I am going to make a wall gun rack out of them eventually. :D

The engine block table is really cool. :coolgleamA:

tan top

nothing for me but >>>
only the original type nylon covered timing gear from my 440  .. hanging on the wall for 20 years !! what a Damn stupid desgin by chrysler  :slap:  chain had a bout 2 inches of slop , but motor still ran awesome & in time , only had about  5 teeth still covered in nylon   :shruggy:  was amazed :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: GT on March 26, 2009, 07:06:18 PM
I made this by putting red rope light behing the grill from my 99 Ram.  :coolgleamA:

That is awesome!  I am so stealing that idea.

KS71owner

Nothing for me yet, but my rec room downstairs will have something eventually. I saw a really cool end table made from a steering column and steering wheel with a tempered glass top one time at a show that I really liked. I'm also a fan of car couches, but I like the more unique ones made from atypical models.

Charger_Fan

Those tables are cool. :2thumbs:
I have thought of doing a car couch for quite a while, or making one from the last 1/4 of a truck bed. One of these days I think I'll do it.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BIRD67

Sorry, no pictures. I have the Firebird's front bumper hanging in my room.. Downstairs, I am currently restoring the original valvecovers, rear bumper, carburator, intake manifols, exhaust manifolds, dashpad and steering wheel so I can display them in my room.. I also have the original gasket and set of 2.56 gears along with the lifters and vbarious other small parts.. I can't throw anything away!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

KS71owner

Just found this.....

I've seen car couches and chairs before, but never one made into a hide-a-bed. Pretty cool.  :2thumbs:

Magnumcharger

No....THIS is the ultimate wall hanging for your garage!!!
http://www.mbmopar.com/feature.html
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 30, 2009, 10:43:30 AM
No....THIS is the ultimate wall hanging for your garage!!!
http://www.mbmopar.com/feature.html
my buddy has a transmission shop , he has a packard on his wall
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FLG GF

Quote from: Foreman72 on March 26, 2009, 04:13:38 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 26, 2009, 02:48:44 PM

THOSE ARE AWESOME :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
:iagree: :iagree: i love the table idea

Charger_Fan

Quote from: KS71owner on March 29, 2009, 02:32:22 PM
Just found this.....

I've seen car couches and chairs before, but never one made into a hide-a-bed. Pretty cool.  :2thumbs:

That's great!! :icon_smile_cool: