News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I install Sub frame connectors in my 68 XS Track Pack car?

Started by mopar_nut_440_6, March 14, 2009, 08:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I install Sub frame connectors in my 68 XS Track Pack car?

Yes SC's only!
Yes, SC and Torque Boxes
No, leave it stock!

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on April 14, 2009, 09:30:03 PM
Looks good ..I am putting the connectors in this weekend..from USCARTool as well.. The reason i picked theirs is they have drain holes and I have a undercoat gun with flexible tip that will reach inside after install and paint with undercoat.. Torque boxes next.. Has anyone commented about installing these SubConnectors with the car upside down? i mean that is not exactly "loaded" correctly.. Did you tack them first then rotate..?
After a few hours per side of grinding and fitting I snugged them up on the rear so they had an interference fit and clamped the front. I then rotated the car horizontal and used a jack to snug them against the floor and tacked them. Once tacked I rotated the car on its side and finished the welding.

I will have to check into getting a flexible tip for my undercoating gun. Sounds like a good idea. I used a ton of weld thru primer prior to install but would not mind getting more into them as well as the rest of the rails. Where can a guy pick one up?

Good luck with them. They look great and with the torque boxes appear to be very tough. I also added a 3/4 inch tube for the emergency brake cable to run through rather than just holes. If you are considering doing this I would complete this prior to install if working underneath. I also added rear spring reinforcement plates made out of 1/8 plate at the rear of the spring just behind the shackles for extra strength as I will be running slicks on the car at some point and it will be leaving quite hard with a standard tranny.

Here is a link to the other upgrades.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,54980.msg623184.html#msg623184

I hope this helps. Be prepared to spend a lot of time fitting!

Cheers,

james
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)