News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should I wait to do the console or do it with the rest of the interior?

Started by bull, March 24, 2009, 08:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'd like to think I'm getting close to finishing my car (although it's probably going to be another 18 months at least) so I'm thinking of some ways to put things off so I can get it on the road sooner. One biggie is the console which is probably going to cost me about $1,000 by the time I buy the new plastic base and top plates from BE&A. I was thinking of leaving it off for a while and just driving it with a floor boot but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot later when it's time to install it. Is it a big deal to leave it off until later?

Ghoste

It's not a big deal but considering how careful you've been to date, do you really want to fall victim to "hurry up at the last minute syndrome"?  Stay the course Bull.

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on March 24, 2009, 10:04:05 PM
It's not a big deal but considering how careful you've been to date, do you really want to fall victim to "hurry up at the last minute syndrome"?  Stay the course Bull.

I don't know if this really fits into that category since the console is pretty much just aesthetic in nature. It will probably go in before I'm officially "finished" but probably not before I take her for a couple spins around the block. :icon_smile_big:

Charger1973

The console can wait.  Get it on the road, you will have plenty of time to tinker with it later and probably even enjoy it more when you can take it for a spin afterwards. 

1969chargerrtse

It can wait.  I took mine out several times to repaint the trim and when I did the rugs.  The console comes out and goes back in easy.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Back N Black

Bull, I'm close to having my car done, the engine is the only thing left and its at machine shop now. For me i wanted everything done on the car before i put it on the road, i figured if i started driving it with things not completed, i would never get it done.  :Twocents:

squeakfinder

:scratchchin: So, does this mean you'll have it on the road this summer without the console? I'd go for it if that's the case.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

bull

BROCK

It's been a long time since I tinkered with the console - so, this will fall in the
food for thought category.  Getting the car back on the road as you are doing
is going to require some adjustments in the shifter linkage.  Those are all done
outside of the interior; but, the shifter plate itself is adjustable front to back. 
Sure, this is to help fit the console - but does affect the overall shift adjustment
to a minor degree.

Why not go ahead & start the test n tune of your car?!  You'll be that much
farther along when you are ready for the console! :coolgleamA:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world