News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage Parts?

Started by Chatt69chgr, March 24, 2009, 06:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I called my Mopar dealer to ask about a part number.  He said something about Vintage Parts.  I asked what this was.  He said that Mopar set up a group to handle their older parts.  I suppose to get more money for them.  He also told me that the MSRP on all Mopar parts, vintage or otherwise, goes up at the beginning of every month.  Some parts more than others.  If all this is true, looks like Chrysler is working to get all the $$ they can out of parts now.  I actually found my best prices on parts at the Mopar Super Center which, apparently, is a Mopar dealer doing business on the net.  To get the best deal, you have to do the order yourself on the Internet.  Told me that they have a deal with Fedex and only ship with them and nobody else. 

Ghoste

It's the first I've heard of the program but it sounds like an excellent way to alienate customers to me,  "sure we still have that part but you better hurry because we jack the price up on a regular schedule that has no motivation in actual costs just our profit".

lexxman

I'd like a link for that,if for knowthing else just to have a look see.

dodgecharger-fan

mauve66

everytime i do a search for 66 dodge i get NOTHING
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on March 24, 2009, 06:54:25 PM
I called my Mopar dealer to ask about a part number.  He said something about Vintage Parts.  I asked what this was.  He said that Mopar set up a group to handle their older parts. 
Valley Vintage autoparts ?
http://www.vvap.com/
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

lexxman

Thanks.I didn't see anything I need yet,I'll have to look up some part numbers.

Ghoste

I looked at that Supercenter site, it appears to me to just be another way to promote the restoration parts available through Chysler.
In my opinion, you need to find a new Mopar parts dealer.  Try one that is willing to spend 120 extra seconds looking things up.

mopar0166

good stuff !      couldnt believe at my local dealer?   but a got my throttle cable there and it was only 30 dollars, instead of 130 from year one

Chatt69chgr

We are kind of limited in Chattanooga right now as far as ordering Mopar Parts.  Our local in-town dealer went bankrupt due to some apparent fraudulent activities.  Right now, we have three small town dealers each about 20 miles away.  They just don't want to discount parts very much if at all.  I have a garage license which is why I get a discount.  Even with that, I was getting better prices from the MoparSuperCenter.  And there is no tax when ordering from them.  Summit also often beats the dealer on the parts that they have.