News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New grafted with old

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, March 23, 2009, 06:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Saw the pics of this '07 Charger over on the LXForums that has been treated with some '68 parts.....has a great stance with the tall/fat rubber over the stock rubber band style.

Check out the functional flip top filler cap grafted on the with '68 sheet metal(orig door filled in) along with marker lights & stripe.  Pretty cool :2thumbs:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Those are some cool lookin' mods & the car looks tough. :icon_smile_cool:
I wonder what the cut is for in the rear of the rocker panel cover?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mauve66

side exhaust, i saw one around here somewhere with it
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

terrible one

That's definitely the best looking new Charger I've ever seen! I'm usually not a fan of people trying to make them look like the older Chargers but in this one's case it's the rubber, stance, and colors that make the car for me, and the '68 items are great accessories to the look.  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

That is pretty damn cool!  :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 23, 2009, 06:30:58 PM
Those are some cool lookin' mods & the car looks tough. :icon_smile_cool:
I wonder what the cut is for in the rear of the rocker panel cover?

Actually thats part of the body....in the thread on LXForums he said his rocker covers were off for painting when that pic was taken....

There is a company that makes custom rockers that have this cutout as an accent
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lostsheep

69*F5*SE

I'm diggin it  better than the way it normally looks.

MoparManJim

Now only if they could do somthing very cool with that ugly front end. Seems that lots of people are only moding the tail ends when its the front ends that needs the mods big time  :lol: 

That car still looks nothing like charger though, maybe part of the tail end does now but only a very tiny portion does though.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

I still gag over the bodyline over the rear door handle.  I could get used to the car so much easier if they would fix that.

mauve66

Quote from: MoparManJim on March 23, 2009, 09:52:56 PM
Now only if they could do somthing very cool with that ugly front end. Seems that lots of people are only moding the tail ends when its the front ends that needs the mods big time  :lol: 

That car still looks nothing like charger though, maybe part of the tail end does now but only a very tiny portion does though.  :shruggy:

we wer discussing this at M.A.T.S., and since there are at least 3 generations of Charger, what would it take t............... ya know what?? i'm gonna start my own thread.............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

MoparManJim

Quote from: mauve66 on March 23, 2009, 10:50:58 PM

we wer discussing this at M.A.T.S., and since there are at least 3 generations of Charger, what would it take t............... ya know what?? i'm gonna start my own thread.............

Yes, there was 3 gen of chargers made, but where are they body designs in this charger? can you point them out please? :icon_smile_big: 

Now I can maybe see a 1st gen shape kinda on the sides design and in the roof part. But what about the 3rd gen design part shape or the 2nd gen shapes. Where did that grill and head lights set up come from, the 3 gen designs I don't remember seeing that kind at all on them :lol: . The car looks more like a cuda kinda then a charger  :lol:

moparguy01

theres more than 3 gens of chargers, even if we dont want to admit it. :lol: dont forget the doba-chargers, and the little 80's chargers. these new ones are technically the 6th generation.

69charger2002

that car does look way better with the mods. i have to agree about the front end. that kills it more for me than even the intrepid rear.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

:down: Those things are way too FUBAR to be fixed by some parts off a '68.

bigred68

I kinda like it also! I wonder whats up with the red Charger in the backround? (not to change the subject, just wonder'in!)
:cheers:

TruckDriver

Quote from: terrible one on March 23, 2009, 06:36:34 PM

That's definitely the best looking new Charger I've ever seen! I'm usually not a fan of people trying to make them look like the older Chargers but in this one's case it's the rubber, stance, and colors that make the car for me, and the '68 items are great accessories to the look.  :2thumbs:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

The biggest flaw is it's STILL a 4 door, and it's just a magnum SEDAN with a glorified "hemi" assembled in Mexico.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

myk

They shoulda' let it be.  An '07 is not a '68 and shouldn't try to look like one...

Rolling_Thunder

I'll take my 68 with a new hemi drivetrain    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Bobs69

Quote from: myk on March 30, 2009, 01:38:39 AM
They shoulda' let it be.  An '07 is not a '68 and shouldn't try to look like one...

I agree.

1969chargerrtse

Not into the 4 dr thing but that is one mean looking car.  I like the 68 stuff, cool idea.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BROCK

Those tires & wheels make the car!  They would look better on a 1st, 2nd or 3rd gen Charger :yesnod:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

TheGhost

Quote from: Bobs69 on March 30, 2009, 03:07:09 AM
Quote from: myk on March 30, 2009, 01:38:39 AM

I agree.

Hmmm... and I thought you guys wanted the new Charger to look more like a second gen? :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

CornDogsCharger

No one has mentioned it yet... Am I the only one who noticed the 68-70 style spoiler/lip that was grafted into the quarters and decklid?  That helped a lot.  I can promise you... that took a lot of work to pull off.

Challenger T/A Scoop looks nice too!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee