News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My weekend score. Not a Charger, but cool.

Started by Go Hogs Go, March 23, 2009, 01:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Hogs Go

I never thought I'd own a 67 Satellite, but I thought it was cool and the price was right. It's a bit on the wild side with custom interior and a dual quad 440. I'm just going to play with for summer then sell it further fund my Charger build. What do you think?
Go Hogs!

Go Hogs Go

Interior
Go Hogs!

Go Hogs Go

engine
Go Hogs!

histoy

Nice looking ride.   Someone put a lot of money into that build.

Brock Samson

prolly not a combo i'd think of,.. but yeah, looks nice and thought out for a change, i really don't think the wheels fit at all though,.. were there some other combo on there originally?..
With the lime (is that sublime?) paint, maybe some rallys or someting '70ish...
looks like a fun car to cruise...
                                                 :2thumbs:

Go Hogs Go

The color is sassy grass, and the wheels have got to go. They are 17 x 10 and came off of a 94-02 mustang. The rubber is new, so I've got to measure the wheels to make sure the new wheels have the right back space and offset.
Go Hogs!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

The interior is a bit loud, but the rest looks good. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Go Hogs Go

This thing has a power seat, and a tilt column. The dude really spent some time on it.
Go Hogs!

FLG GF

Hemidog

Looks like the previous owner really went all out on that one.... all except the wheels!

TeeWJay426

Love it with the exception of the wheels.... should be a fun summer cruiser!  :2thumbs:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Go Hogs Go

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on March 23, 2009, 02:22:25 PM
Love it with the exception of the wheels.... should be a fun summer cruiser!  :2thumbs:

I'm working on that right now. I think some torque thrust M wheels would look sharp.
Go Hogs!

75dartsport

almost a spot on motor but I personally would do something with the wheels they would look ok on a mondeo or ford focus but then its your car

have fun in it

GreenMachine

I think with the right wheel/tire combo, it would be a cool. I see an A/C compressor with no other A/C components? No heater core either?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Go Hogs Go

It all came with the car. The guy has been working on this thing for 7 years. His first car was a 67 GTX, and this was his dream car. He told me he had kind of lost interest in it the last year or so, and business was a little slow so he decided to sell it fast. He gave me all of the receipts he had when I bought the car. It came from Arizona and had 81,000 original miles. I don't know what he gave for the car, but I added up what receipts I have last night and not including the cost of the car, bodywork, interior, misc. pieces or wheels and tires :eek2: he spent 14K. I'm toying with buying the classic auto air kit, or just rebuilding what I have.
Go Hogs!

Ghoste

Looks like it will be a fun summer ride for sure.

Troy

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on March 23, 2009, 01:29:59 PM
The color is sassy grass, and the wheels have got to go. They are 17 x 10 and came off of a 94-02 mustang. The rubber is new, so I've got to measure the wheels to make sure the new wheels have the right back space and offset.
Those Mustang wheels were likely on there to cover a disc brake conversion(?). They appear to be the 1995 Cobra style and are probably 17x8 or 17x9. You may also have some spacers in there as the stock backspacing on the 9" wheel is almost 6" (+24).

I like it for the most part.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

which are the "M'  wheels your thinkin of?..

Go Hogs Go

The tires are new 255/50 R17. The wheels don't seem to have a spacers, and measure an exact 10 inches. I wish a nine inch rim would work with those tires. I saw the torque thrust M on tirerack.
Go Hogs!

Troy

They are 9" then (if you're measuring the outside width). How close do they come to the springs in back?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

mikepmcs

Mopar Bob might want your rims for his 3rd gen.

I'm diggin that ride and would drive it all day long!  Nice score :2thumbs: :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Go Hogs Go

I'll hook Mopar Bob up. Thanks Troy, your spot on with your rim advise. :2thumbs: I appreciate everyones input. All of your opinions will just make this wild ride cooler. I thought the Charger got alot of looks, but this thing takes the taco. I drove through a little crowd at Quizno's, and I could read one ladies lips. She said to her guy friend, "what is that?', and he said, "I don't know, but it's cool looking." :coolgleamA:
Go Hogs!

bigred68

I like it ALOT  :2thumbs:
Love would take toneing down the interior alittle and the the wheel change (and non tinted windows IMO)
Somebodys got ALOT of time,thought, and hard work in that car!!
Congrats on your new summer cruiser!!
  :cheers:

moparsons

Nice ride!  :2thumbs:

I could have got a 66 a couple years back. Seeing nice ones makes me regret passing on it. :brickwall:

Go Hogs Go

This body style is not necessarily my favorite, the color scheme would not have been my first choice either, but this guy pulled it off. The car just works, and the interior is a trip. Power bucket seats in a 67 is just neat.
Go Hogs!