News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new charger at gas station with lift up doors, anyone seen this before? (PICS)

Started by SeattleCharger, March 23, 2009, 01:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Hi, saw this new charger tonight in w. seattle at the gas station, had the cell phone camera handy, what do ya think? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 23, 2009, 01:11:23 AM
Hi, saw this new charger tonight in w. seattle at the gas station, had the cell phone camera handy, what do ya think? 

:puke::puke::puke:

'nuff said
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 23, 2009, 01:12:44 AM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 23, 2009, 01:11:23 AM

:puke::puke::puke:

'nuff said

so you're saying you like it then.    :lol:

Ghoste

I guess it's one way to make it different but I'm not sure if it's a custom tough I'd do or not.
I was going to say that I'd seen pictures of one of the new Chargers with those doors before but now I'm not so sure that I have.

SeattleCharger

I thought the car itself was a good verison of a new charger, with the tint and oversized rims, silver paint, the door was a decent touch that kind of matched the custom look of car IMO,  not so sure if its ok to do it on a four door, but whatever,    wonder how the rear doors open

Ghoste

bull

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on March 23, 2009, 01:28:29 AM
Were the rear doors flip up, or can that even be done?

I have seen the rear doors made suicide style...very strange looking  :scratchchin:

Theres a kit for $399
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Wow, that is bizarre Chris.  The suicide doors don't bother me too much but combined with the flip up fronts, it's well, it's different.  Either one on it's own is different so I guess the combo must be "more" different?  :-\

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

Sick as in that's how they make you feel or sick as in dubbed out ghetto-speak for cool?  :D

69charger2002

now you've known me long enough. sick is literal. makes me sick to my stomach to see that.   :2thumbs:
there's not much on that car besides tint that i agree with. trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

FLG

Troy

It seems to be the popular thing these days. The kits are actually rather inexpensive. One of the guys at my last job had them on his Magnum but there was nothing stock about that car and it kinda fit.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

Yeah, I see those "lambo doors" a lot in the LX car scene, mostly within the all show no go,15 tv screens, air suspension, alligator skin interior, 24" wheels, crazy paint job crowd.

I personally don't care for them. too fad-ish and played out for my taste.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

don't see much of them or the spinners anymore,.. lots of oversize wheels still though,..
there's a b-5 blue super bee SRT/8 at the dealer for $37K that makes me think abit about gittin a new one, but i don't think so..  :shruggy:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 23, 2009, 01:22:01 PM
don't see much of them or the spinners anymore,.. lots of oversize wheels still though,..
there's a b-5 blue super bee SRT/8 at the dealer for $37K that makes me think abit about gittin a new one, but i don't think so..  :shruggy:

yeah, the spinners were another horrible fad that I'm glad it's gone.

The "oversize" wheels are here to stay though. Some cars, like the LX's scream for big wheels, with those huge wheel wells. If anything, the next change in wheel trends are gonna be in the designs and even the materials that they're made of.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

SeattleCharger

the new charger and 300, even the magnum, are still one of the better looking cars with the way oversized rims IMO,     a lowered black charger with 22's looks mean

Ponch ®

Charger_Fan

As played out as those doors are, I'd still rather see them on a new Charger than on an old one. :puke:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 23, 2009, 02:04:59 PM
As played out as those doors are, I'd still rather see them on a new Charger than on an old one. :puke:

Oh what the shit?

Please tell me that's a photoshop...

Hemidog

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

wilbur124

Seems to me if your going to spend the money, you should at least get a real charger to fix up. :scratchchin:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 23, 2009, 04:03:35 PM
Worst....idea....ever...... :rotz:
If that's true, then this idea is firmly in 2nd spot. :P

Ponch, that first one is real...was on eGouge 11/07. :eyes:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)