News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WARN Locking Hubs

Started by dpm68, March 23, 2009, 07:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpm68

My daily driver has the Premium Locking Hubs on the front and I would like to know what it takes to remove them a bit so I can replace the rotors. I have skipped doing this too many times and pretty much have no alternative. Anyone have any ideas? Does it take special tools?

Green71R/T

I need to know the year,make,&model.

dpm68

Thanks for replying, Green -
I'm not sure, but my beast is a 1985 Toyota 4Runner. Last of the solid front axles.

Green71R/T

I have not pulled a toyota apart in 10 years but IIRC the only special tools would be snap ring pliers.The locking hub part should have 6 bolts.Once they are off clean the grease off the axle stub there should be a snap ring on the axle stub.There should be another snap ring on the inside of the hub.This one holds the part that slides to engage the hub - it is spring loaded so you will have to push it in to remove the tension on the snap ring.Once these parts are removed you should be able to see the wheel bearing retaining nuts.I can not remember the method toyota uses to lock them but it should be obvious once you clean some of the grease out.